Orioles-White Sox Postponed Game - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Orioles-White Sox Postponed Game

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Orioles-White Sox Postponed Game

Postby ny4train » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:55 pm

Hi -- I run a weekly H2H, point league. Monday's game between the Orioles and White Sox was suspended in the 11th inning and will be continued at a later date (still TBD). I know the stats from the game count. As commissioner I'll make it clear to all teams that the stats from this week are what they are and when the suspended game is resumed those stats will count during the week the game is completed.

Does anyone know if, when the game is completed and becomes official, the date for the stats from Monday will change according to MLB? Or if the stats from when the game is resumed will be retro'd back to Monday according to MLBs official stats? I'm trying to guard scores changing automatically if MLB recognizes stats in a certain way (e.g., some stats from the suspended game retroactively count for the week of April 28). Thanks for the insights.
ny4train
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Orioles-White Sox Postponed Game

Postby noseeum » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:23 pm

If I recall correctly, the same thing happened last year. CBS put the stats that happened during the suspended game in the current week and the stats in the makeup innings during the week they were played, just as you're saying. But I believe Yahoo made them all apply to the original week. Not sure what site you're on.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:51 am

Had this note on my CBS page.

Stats from Bal/Chi April 28
Please note that the stats from the Baltimore Orioles/Chicago White Sox game played and postponed on April 28 have already been included in your league. In Rotisserie and Ranked, Points based leagues, the rest of the stats will be included once the game has been completed. In Head to Head leagues, the additional stats from the conclusion of the game will not be included.

Yahoo says the same thing. The extra stats will never be counted in H2H it sounds like. (which sucks, I have Sherrill, so I took the point deduction for the blown save but wont be eligible for the win).
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:50 am

As far as I know, ESPN is counting the stats retroactively in all roto AND H2H leagues - just a heads up for anyone out there in such a league...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PujolsJunkie » Mon May 12, 2008 3:57 pm

For any commish that feels this is the right way to go about it (I am one such commish), on CBS you have the ability to make manual scoring additions/deductions during the appropriate week for H2H leagues. I did it last year for the Yankees-Orioles game and will do it again this year. It's honestly the only way to really be fair about it IMO.
PujolsJunkie
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Commissioner's Corner