Champions League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Champions League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Champions League

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:33 pm

AussieDodger wrote:Overmars and Bergkamp would crush you like bugs.

!+)

Meh, Ryan Giggs tore those guys apart.

I do admit that Arsenal will always be United's favorite rival. Both play attacking football in somewhat different ways but virtually all of their games are well-played (except for the '05 FA Cup Final that we should've won :-C) and I didn't mind Overmars when he later played for Barca.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:26 pm

Scousers vs. Chavskis again. Here's hoping it's not another borefest (I must admit the first leg at Anfield wasn't horrible viewing).

Any Liverpool/Chelsea fans in the house?

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:49 pm

Bring on the Chavskis. B-)

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:54 pm

Nothing like the Reds vs the Blues for a final. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:24 pm

Today's Liverpool/Chelsea match was actually good for once, really worthy of what the Champions League is all about. Chelsea's midfield was immense for them today and even though Liverpool had some success running down the wings in the second half, they did a fairly good job of having to force Steven Gerrard a bit deeper at times than he would've liked. Drogba can be a handful when he's in form and it seems that Ballack is settling in nicely. As for Liverpool, no idea why Rafa would replace Fernando Torres (he should've subbed in ever so dirtbag Dirk Kuyt for Ryan Babel), but hey Rafa always makes weird decisions, why should I be surprised. I've always thought Yossi Benayoun should've found his way into the Starting 11 for Liverpool more often and he had shown his worth with a well played ball to Torres for the equalizer, but that's Rafa again for you. Should be interesting if he's back managing Liverpool again next year, I think he should, despite Liverpool again languishing to win the league when all the pieces were in place this year. Mascherano was excellent for Liverpool, a guy at times I wish United had, but think Daniele de Rossi of Roma fits better into the United mold than Masch does.

I didn't mind who the opponent would turn out to be, as I'd relish a European Cup final against either, but I'm content it's Chelsea. We've owned Liverpool in recent times and already own bragging rights over them, but like I said, this is going to be payback for the FA Cup, a match that United should've won had fatigue not settled (both looked gassed at the time anyway). Come to think of it, we haven't beaten Chelsea when it meant something in recent years. The home win earlier this year was Avram Grant's first match since Mourinho stepped down and the team mentality was much different (frankly think Grant is lucky to be gifted a good side to begin with). I don't think Fergie is going to bottle it in attacking Chelsea, at least I hope.

My uncle in England is a Chelsea fan and every year since Roman's been owner, we've had a microbrew beer bet on United and Chelsea winning the title. I had to pay up in '05 and '06 but last year the Dark Star Imperial Stout never tasted sweeter. A lot more at stake now with both of our clubs in the thick of it in the Premiership and of course, the Final 3 weeks from today. Time to put the Westvleteren 12 on the table. ;-D :-L

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun May 11, 2008 2:05 pm

CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND!!!! 17 TIMES!!!! VIVA RONALDOOOOOOOOOO!!!! FOLLOW, FOLLOW, FOLLOW...'CAUSE UNITED ARE GOING TO MOSCOWWWW!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Me uncle owes me another case of beer...and another on May 21.... ;-D
Last edited by The Artful Dodger on Tue May 20, 2008 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby bigh0rt » Sun May 11, 2008 2:07 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:Image

CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND!!!! 17 TIMES!!!! VIVA RONALDOOOOOOOOOO!!!! FOLLOW, FOLLOW, FOLLOW...'CAUSE UNITED ARE GOING TO MOSCOWWWW!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun May 11, 2008 2:15 pm

I was at the Underground today, the best United spot in L.A. for a boozie and a United game. What great support today, must've stayed an hour or more for a sing song. I'm a bit tipsy...but mom's happy United won...great Mother's Day already!!!! ;-D

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby AussieDodger » Sun May 11, 2008 10:24 pm

Bergkamp and Overmars would still crush them into dust.

VIVA 1997 Arsenal team!!! (The last time I watched soccer)
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon May 12, 2008 1:02 am

AussieDodger wrote:

Bergkamp and Overmars would still crush them into dust.

VIVA 1997 Arsenal team!!! (The last time I watched soccer)

Don't know about that. Rio and Vidic will knock the snot out of Bergkamp and Overmars while that heralded Arsenal defense won't know what in the world they've hit them when Ronaldo dances past them. I also forgot Rooney, Tevez, and Annnnnderrrson-son-son. B-)

My last ex was an Arsenal fan and we'd debate over silly things like this over and over, so I'm no stranger to this. :-B

MOTD:

http://www.dailymotion.com/footister20/ ... r-utd_news

;-D

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk