New AL Auction League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

New AL Auction League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New AL Auction League

Postby Aikoprod » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:49 am

I have been the commissioner of a free Yahoo league for the past few years and am now beginning an auction league. There is a $100 entrance fee and the auction will be March 27 beginning at 7 PM EST. I am looking for good owners and will spend the first few seasons weeding out those who are not active and respectful of the other owners (Been a member of a league of jerks and won't allow that to happen in this league).

We will be a 5 x 5 keeper league complete with long term contracts, buyouts, and minor leagues. We have a site on CBS Sportsline. We're looking for 12 teams, a handful have already signed on.

I am not an autocratic commissioner and any rule changes will be made after a healthy debate has occurred. That said, I won't make any changes that I am completely against, either, not if I am going to remain commissioner. It will be a league that I will enjoy playing in, and hopefully you will to. (As an aside, in my Yahoo league all 11 owners from last year are returning this year).

As for the draft, it starts in the evening (so I can put the baby to bed) and will go through the night if need be. If we are efficient, it could take as little as 5-6 hours. If we are not efficient, it could take significantly longer. Hopefully, that will not be the case.

If you are interested, contact me at mailto:aikoprod@juno.com and I will send you the league constitution.
Last edited by Aikoprod on Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aikoprod
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Aikoprod » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:25 pm

bump
Aikoprod
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball