Jeff Clement may get call ... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Jeff Clement may get call ...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jeff Clement may get call ...

Postby PavanoAllstars » Mon May 05, 2008 7:29 pm

the mariners, for the time being, envision him as a back up catcher and a platoon dh... So I think that'll will get him as many at bats as a regular catcher

-so far he hasn't looked too sharp, but the sample size is WAY too small to make any kind of conclusion... If he heats up and lives to expectations, and gets Catcher eligibility, he may take Johjima's spot on my roster
For every Brett Myers there's a Nate McLouth...
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dre1614 » Mon May 05, 2008 8:14 pm

Relentless wrote:What are the chances the he'll be the everyday DH and play back-up catcher at the same time? If this is the case, then he'll likely play every single game, which he can be very valuable for the catcher position (saying he produces). So, is there a possibility that he will win the everyday DH spot against Vidro?

I think he will be in the lineup vs righties, and out vs lefites unless he is catching, then it wouldn't matter.
"Bottom line is that he's awful and you should sell him for whatever you can get in return for him. He's garbage for the rest of 2007." - Geek on Felix Hernandez
dre1614
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jfg » Thu May 15, 2008 4:31 pm

What are the chances that he'll get another start at catcher before Sunday? I need him for next weeks scoring period now that Doumit's out.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates