Jeff Clement may get call ... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Jeff Clement may get call ...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jeff Clement may get call ...

Postby duckbillgates » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:16 am

... within a few days reports the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Expected to DH and be backup catcher.

Could be more fantasy-worthy than Saltalamacchia if he's getting a lot of at-bats. Of course, it may take him a month to gain catcher eligibility ...

Oh, and he is already in Yahoo, for the record.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
— Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1216
Joined: 1 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: under a dead Ohio sky

Re: Jeff Clement may get call ...

Postby WyldStallyn » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:27 am

i dont see him as being useful until he gets C elig. but if he does and continues to DH he'll be a nice play
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1927
Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jeff Clement may get call ...

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:37 am

WyldStallyn wrote:i dont see him as being useful until he gets C elig. but if he does and continues to DH he'll be a nice play

Same here. He is DH only in Yahoo right now and he isn't worth a roster spot until he play C.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 337)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: Jeff Clement may get call ...

Postby King Tim » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:48 am

King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 695
Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vegas

Re: Jeff Clement may get call ...

Postby SadExpofan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:48 pm

Would he be worth a roster spot in keeper leagues?
What kind of numbers can we expect from him in 2009?
SadExpofan
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 189
Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jeff Clement may get call ...

Postby duckbillgates » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:01 am

To update, per Rotoworld:

Jeff Clement and Wladimir Balentien were absent from the lineup Tuesday night at Triple-A, leading to speculation that they're headed to Seattle.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
— Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1216
Joined: 1 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: under a dead Ohio sky

Re: Jeff Clement may get call ...

Postby Nomarrrrrrrrrr » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:42 am

duckbillgates wrote:To update, per Rotoworld:

Jeff Clement and Wladimir Balentien were absent from the lineup Tuesday night at Triple-A, leading to speculation that they're headed to Seattle.


In a good league you can't wait for him to gain C eligibility or you will miss out. I guess holding him for a full month if it takes that long would not be worth it though. I picked him up and am now hoping that Johjima goes to crap so Clement will get a few games there quickly. BTW, I think that yahoo adds a guys eligiblity quicker if they were just called up and only had Util previously.
Nomarrrrrrrrrr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 760
Joined: 3 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jeff Clement may get call ...

Postby dssguy99 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:20 am

Nomarrrrrrrrrr wrote:
duckbillgates wrote:To update, per Rotoworld:

Jeff Clement and Wladimir Balentien were absent from the lineup Tuesday night at Triple-A, leading to speculation that they're headed to Seattle.


In a good league you can't wait for him to gain C eligibility or you will miss out. I guess holding him for a full month if it takes that long would not be worth it though. I picked him up and am now hoping that Johjima goes to crap so Clement will get a few games there quickly. BTW, I think that yahoo adds a guys eligiblity quicker if they were just called up and only had Util previously.



Johjima is horrible now...lol
dssguy99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 720
Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jeff Clement may get call ...

Postby Nomarrrrrrrrrr » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:53 am

Actually I changed my mind and dropped Clement for Alou. I have McCann and Clement is unlikely to get me much via trade. Hopefully he sits there and I can grab him later if he gets some games at C.

ps Yes Johjima is horrible.
Nomarrrrrrrrrr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 760
Joined: 3 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jeff Clement may get call ...

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:12 am

duckbillgates wrote:To update, per Rotoworld:

Jeff Clement and Wladimir Balentien were absent from the lineup Tuesday night at Triple-A, leading to speculation that they're headed to Seattle.

That's kind of weird cause I don't see how both will get regular AB unless someone goes on the DL. :-?
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 337)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Oct. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact