Scherzer, Kershaw...Anyone else????? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Scherzer, Kershaw...Anyone else?????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Scherzer, Kershaw...Anyone else?????

Postby Sea Dog Fan » Thu May 01, 2008 1:22 pm

Baseball America, Baseball prospectus, MILB.com, and there are more. A lot of teams have there own minor league/prospect sites, like Soxprospects.com.
Sea Dog Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hett2333 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:43 pm

Sea Dog Fan wrote:
jdsun1 wrote:
Ender wrote:
If a Brewer OF or Fielder gets hurt longterm I would use my waiver on LaPorta in a heartbeat. That is a pretty unclear path to the majors of course.
FINALLY! Its about time someone mentioned LaPorta. This guy was sick at Florida and has the tools to be something special.D on't forget that if Billy Hall cant get it together either that LaPorta might see some action as he was originally a 3B.

Don't even get me started about LaPorta, the Red Sox should've signed him when they drafted him in the 05-06 draft.

LaPorta is a very good prospect.

Laporta was drafted in leagues im in..some say he can be as good as Braun (07 Braun if you want to be technical/funny)

very excited for adenhart just addd him as FA in one keeper league (ESPN does player database better than Yahoo)

As good as LaPorta has been, baring a significant injury, don't you think he's about a year away? I'd love to see him get a shot this year, but there's nowhere for him to play.
hett2333
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jdsun1 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:46 am

hett2333 wrote:
Sea Dog Fan wrote:
jdsun1 wrote:
Ender wrote:
If a Brewer OF or Fielder gets hurt longterm I would use my waiver on LaPorta in a heartbeat. That is a pretty unclear path to the majors of course.
FINALLY! Its about time someone mentioned LaPorta. This guy was sick at Florida and has the tools to be something special.D on't forget that if Billy Hall cant get it together either that LaPorta might see some action as he was originally a 3B.

Don't even get me started about LaPorta, the Red Sox should've signed him when they drafted him in the 05-06 draft.

LaPorta is a very good prospect.

Laporta was drafted in leagues im in..some say he can be as good as Braun (07 Braun if you want to be technical/funny)

very excited for adenhart just addd him as FA in one keeper league (ESPN does player database better than Yahoo)

As good as LaPorta has been, baring a significant injury, don't you think he's about a year away? I'd love to see him get a shot this year, but there's nowhere for him to play.

LaPorta with his 8th and 9th homers of the season. ;-D
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Fri May 02, 2008 10:50 am

This is the kid you want (video) ;-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Cow » Fri May 02, 2008 10:55 am

Yoda wrote:This is the kid you want (video) ;-D

Kershaw is talented, but he was drafted in my league, so I was fortunate to grab Scherzer. I think Scherzer and Kershaw are the top 2 SPs in the minors, well now its just Kershaw. Given that Scherzer is in the majors and Kershaw in the minors, I take Scherzer. Rank em however you want both are good.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BJSFAN123 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:57 am

Isn't Kershaw only 19? Do we know for sure he's gonna be in the rotation at some point this season?
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Fri May 02, 2008 11:07 am

The Cow wrote:

Kershaw is talented, but he was drafted in my league, so I was fortunate to grab Scherzer. I think Scherzer and Kershaw are the top 2 SPs in the minors, well now its just Kershaw. Given that Scherzer is in the majors and Kershaw in the minors, I take Scherzer. Rank em however you want both are good.

The Cow

I don't disagree. Since the Scherzer sweepstakes are over, I'm just pointing out that Kershaw is next.

I also like David Price a lot although he's been dealing with various injuries. I think if he stays healthy, he'll be very good.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Fri May 02, 2008 11:15 am

cost me a #2 waiver. got denied in other leagues with 8, 9, 9 waiver priorities.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby AussieDodger » Fri May 02, 2008 11:21 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:cost me a #2 waiver. got denied in other leagues with 8, 9, 9 waiver priorities.

I missed out with priority 17 O:-)
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby The Cow » Fri May 02, 2008 12:55 pm

Yoda wrote:
The Cow wrote:

The Cow

I don't disagree. Since the Scherzer sweepstakes are over, I'm just pointing out that Kershaw is next.

I also like David Price a lot although he's been dealing with various injuries. I think if he stays healthy, he'll be very good.

Yeah I was eying Price as well, but he has been out with a sore elbow and is just starting to throw off a mound. So I figure Price at best will be up in Sept., could be wrong.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers