Scherzer, Kershaw...Anyone else????? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Scherzer, Kershaw...Anyone else?????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Scherzer, Kershaw...Anyone else?????

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:51 pm

WyldStallyn wrote:my mistake. last i checked, which i guess was awhile ago, his avg was low without much other stats. but he has really gone on a tear since then. !+)

but i still dont see him being called up soon. and im upset that he wasnt signed by the sox too, but that was mostly due to boras' high demands wasnt it?

Ender was just saying if there was a major injury and they were without someone for an extended period of time he would get the call.

LaPorta is the real deal though, he hit the farthest home run I have ever seen when he was with UF
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guzman24 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:55 pm

Thanks for all the input.

But....are any of these guys worth saving a number 1 or 2 waiver claim over Scherzer/Kershaw?

It seems as if theres no guarantee that any of them will even get the call whereas Scherzer has already and its only a matter of time with Kershaw.
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:00 pm

Guzman24 wrote:Thanks for all the input.

But....are any of these guys worth saving a number 1 or 2 waiver claim over Scherzer/Kershaw?

It seems as if theres no guarantee that any of them will even get the call whereas Scherzer has already and its only a matter of time with Kershaw.

I think the answer to that is no. It looks like these two are best guys that are going to be called up
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WyldStallyn » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:03 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
WyldStallyn wrote:my mistake. last i checked, which i guess was awhile ago, his avg was low without much other stats. but he has really gone on a tear since then. !+)

but i still dont see him being called up soon. and im upset that he wasnt signed by the sox too, but that was mostly due to boras' high demands wasnt it?

Ender was just saying if there was a major injury and they were without someone for an extended period of time he would get the call.

LaPorta is the real deal though, he hit the farthest home run I have ever seen when he was with UF

from what ive seen of him, he sure looks legit to me. i know it is possible he could come up and play fulltime, i just dont see it as being likely. if he is brought up, i can almost guarantee ill pick him up, but would be surprised if he shows great success at the major league level this early in his career. jay bruce is the position player i think will make the greatest impact this year, if dusty ever gets over his corey patterson and his .280 obp mancrush. this is for guys not named longoria that is.

and to answer guzman, i would take kershaw over any of the players listed here. i wouldnt blame you for using it on scherzer, but it looks like he'll be MR for the foreseable future, which limits his value. a kershaw who is starting would be more valuable
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby JoshExley » Thu May 01, 2008 9:32 am

Just saw Adenhart was called up.
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby anti elian » Thu May 01, 2008 10:01 am

I don't think there are any more pitchers who fit the bill now that Adenhart has been called up. Gio is walking too many batters and Volstad is still in AA. Sean Gallagher is pitching well in AAA so he might get another shot in the next few months. Darrell Rasner is currently killing AAA with nearly a K per inning and only a handful of walks, but it would be a huge stretch to think he can recapture that success in the majors. But for deeper leagues, if the Yanks start hitting and he's in the rotation he could be a cheap source of wins.

The player I really have my eye on now is McCutchen. He's hitting about as well as Bruce and has as many walks as Ks.
anti elian
College Coach
College Coach

Postby converge241 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:19 am

Sea Dog Fan wrote:
jdsun1 wrote:
Ender wrote:If a Brewer OF or Fielder gets hurt longterm I would use my waiver on LaPorta in a heartbeat. That is a pretty unclear path to the majors of course.

FINALLY! Its about time someone mentioned LaPorta. This guy was sick at Florida and has the tools to be something special.D on't forget that if Billy Hall cant get it together either that LaPorta might see some action as he was originally a 3B.

Don't even get me started about LaPorta, the Red Sox should've signed him when they drafted him in the 05-06 draft. :-P :-{

LaPorta is a very good prospect. ;-D

Laporta was drafted in leagues im in..some say he can be as good as Braun (07 Braun if you want to be technical/funny)

very excited for adenhart just addd him as FA in one keeper league (ESPN does player database better than Yahoo)
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 121)

Postby ataraxia » Thu May 01, 2008 11:23 am

Adenhart is supposedly only up until Lackey comes back from the DL.
Absolute thanks to soty for the sig.
ataraxia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby converge241 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:37 am

if you are in leagues where you need to use the waiver the above poster is correct and people should factor that in (especially in yearly leagues)
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 121)

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu May 01, 2008 12:59 pm

are there sites that give current minor league stats and information? i know of minorleaguebaseball.com but is that the only one?
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 514)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers