Scherzer, Kershaw...Anyone else????? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Scherzer, Kershaw...Anyone else?????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Scherzer, Kershaw...Anyone else?????

Postby Guzman24 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:30 am

So Max Scherzer has finally made it onto Yahoo and Kershaw is expected later on this season.

Is there anyone else out there who may get the call this year who warrants a high waiver claim over these 2 guys?
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5304
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 5 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Scherzer, Kershaw...Anyone else?????

Postby J.C.Fighter » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:36 am

Reid Brignac (SS Rays)
Chris Volstad (sp Marlins)

:-? :-?
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1620
Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Scherzer, Kershaw...Anyone else?????

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:39 am

J.C.Fighter wrote:Reid Brignac (SS Rays)
Chris Volstad (sp Marlins)

:-? :-?


I don't see Reid coming up any time soon, and by soon I mean this year. He has struggled mightily in AAA and has shown no signs of getting better. Also, Bartlett has played well on defense and has given the Rays some hitting.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13439
(Past Year: 60)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: Scherzer, Kershaw...Anyone else?????

Postby J.C.Fighter » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:43 am

Forgot to say Nick Adenhart
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1620
Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Scherzer, Kershaw...Anyone else?????

Postby WyldStallyn » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:44 am

over those guys? probably not. guys to keep an eye on are bruce, maybin, rasmus, adenhart, and bailey. im not sure which are on yahoo though
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1927
Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Scherzer, Kershaw...Anyone else?????

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:46 am

WyldStallyn wrote:over those guys? probably not. guys to keep an eye on are bruce, maybin, rasmus, adenhart, and bailey. im not sure which are on yahoo though


All but Adenhart are in Yahoo
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13439
(Past Year: 60)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: Scherzer, Kershaw...Anyone else?????

Postby Guzman24 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:58 am

Ya Im sitting with the #2 and will put in a claim for Max.

Doesn't seem like there's really anyone better on the way and I don't want to risk missing out on one of them.
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5304
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 5 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Scherzer, Kershaw...Anyone else?????

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:00 am

Guzman24 wrote:Ya Im sitting with the #2 and will put in a claim for Max.

Doesn't seem like there's really anyone better on the way and I don't want to risk missing out on one of them.


Hope the guy with 1 uses his and u can get Kershaw later
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13439
(Past Year: 60)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: Scherzer, Kershaw...Anyone else?????

Postby Guzman24 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:04 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
Guzman24 wrote:Ya Im sitting with the #2 and will put in a claim for Max.

Doesn't seem like there's really anyone better on the way and I don't want to risk missing out on one of them.


Hope the guy with 1 uses his and u can get Kershaw later


Exactly, thats what I'm hoping.

Scherzer seems like a decent consolation prize though :-D
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5304
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 5 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Scherzer, Kershaw...Anyone else?????

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:16 am

Guzman24 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Guzman24 wrote:Ya Im sitting with the #2 and will put in a claim for Max.

Doesn't seem like there's really anyone better on the way and I don't want to risk missing out on one of them.


Hope the guy with 1 uses his and u can get Kershaw later


Exactly, thats what I'm hoping.

Scherzer seems like a decent consolation prize though :-D


I agree. In my money league I have both because they were on my farm team :-D
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13439
(Past Year: 60)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: louisajn1, mariarf18, TheTrith, unioreimi and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Apr. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Baltimore at Boston
(11:05 am)
Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
St. Louis at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Arizona at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
San Diego at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Houston at Seattle
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact