Pujols - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Pujols

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pujols

Postby auclairkeithbc » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:08 am

He is off to a nice start, but I keep hearing that his elbow is still an issue. How far down does that drop his long term keeper value?
i'm the guy that puts the "nip" in omnipotent...
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pujols

Postby Yoda » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:08 am

Where did you hear that? Sure it is a problem but there is really nothing you can do especially in keeper leagues. If you are that worried then you should try to move him while he is still playing well.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby auclairkeithbc » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:41 pm

well i don't own him. i was just wondering how far he drops in long term value because of this. is he still a no brainer top 15 guy in a long term keeper?
i'm the guy that puts the "nip" in omnipotent...
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:50 pm

auclairkeithbc wrote:well i don't own him. i was just wondering how far he drops in long term value because of this. is he still a no brainer top 15 guy in a long term keeper?

I would say yes. At some point he may have to have TJ surgery which is probably a 9 month window where he'll be out. That could happen at the ASB to have him back for opening day of the following season or it could happen after the season to have him back at the ASB of the next year. And those two things are only a possibility. It's also entirely possible that nothing happens and Pujols plays the rest of his career without surgery. His elbow injury has absolutely no effect on his hitting - it's just a throwing thing.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby JoshExley » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:58 pm

Is it certain TJ suergery will help?
Everything I've read has said TJ surgery isn't a sure thing to fix his problem.
Add to that, Pujols says he will not get surgery since there's a GREAT chance it won't help.

Roll the dice...
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:39 pm

JoshExley wrote:Is it certain TJ suergery will help?
Add to that, Pujols says he will not get surgery since there's a GREAT chance it won't help.

Roll the dice...

I've heard that TJ should fix the injury. But I agree with your point that Pujols is now saying he's leaning away from having the surgery. I think this entire situation was the result of a slow news day in the winter and Pujols making some comments out of frustration as he started to gear up for a long season. Absolutely nothing has chanced since the initial injury. He could have been out at any point after the injury back in 2004 IIRC and yet this is the first year you actually see people questioning whether Pujols is a viable first round pick.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:13 pm

TJ surgery will fix it but doctors have said that it is best to wait for the ligament to snap instead of going in an trying to fix the tear.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby Siddo4ty4 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:17 pm

I heard its been a on-going injury but has finally flared up to the point where it affects him more and more...

I'de sell high right now, but you will miss his hot Bat.
Siddo4ty4
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JoshExley » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:36 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:

Roll the dice...

I've heard that TJ should fix the injury. But I agree with your point that Pujols is now saying he's leaning away from having the surgery. I think this entire situation was the result of a slow news day in the winter and Pujols making some comments out of frustration as he started to gear up for a long season. Absolutely nothing has chanced since the initial injury. He could have been out at any point after the injury back in 2004 IIRC and yet this is the first year you actually see people questioning whether Pujols is a viable first round pick.

Yo, when are you going to start posting on your site? I check every week....nothing.
I enjoyed your stuff, bro.
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:44 am

JoshExley wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:

Roll the dice...

Yo, when are you going to start posting on your site? I check every week....nothing.
I enjoyed your stuff, bro.

Yeah, I should write something. I've just been really busy lately and tbh a bit burnt out from the preseason this year...too many teams. :(
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Injuries & Player Updates