Quentin....sell high..or hold? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Quentin....sell high..or hold?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Quentin....sell high..or hold?

Postby theplayer11 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:06 pm

Guy is ripping it up, just hit another homer....what do you think?
theplayer11
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Quentin....sell high..or hold?

Postby Secret Avatar » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:25 pm

Obviously it would depend on what you can get for him. I doubt he'll keep up his 300-40-120-120 pace but he's no fluke. He was a highly regarded prospect that got derailed by injuries but now seems fine. He's shown good plate discipline and above-average power and even some speed. Expect something like 285-25-85-85 with upside for 300-30-100-100.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby shasty mcnasty » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:18 pm

i guess the reason you'd sell high is if you think he'll get injured, as he's a post-hype prospect who has shown alot of hitting ability prior to this. depending on what kind of league you're in, you might have to package him with someon else in order to sell him high, as there isn't alot of hype around him. in my book, he's more the kind of guy you hold on, as they hype isn't really there to sell high. but if you went on a fishing expedition and caught a buy low player with him, it could certainly be worth it.
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Postby Siddo4ty4 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:20 pm

I agree, there is not THAT much hype around him. He is a good player, no doubt about it, and this IS his year.

I'de hold on to him b/c he just locked up the Wsox LF position! Going into such a power lineup will benefit him in so many ways.

- If you can sell high, I would but keep him for now.
Siddo4ty4
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dc928 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:15 pm

I mean if you can sell really high on him then do it. I mean if I can get 1st 5 round player for him I do it in a heart beat. The problem is you can't really get much for him now, so I might as well hold on to him. He will have a good year. 30 HR is not out of the question with this guy.
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Whalewang » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:30 pm

Quentin is a solid player. I don't mind holding here unless you get offered something you very decent.
Whalewang
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Crystalstorm » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:38 am

Quentin has always been a very good hitter,the problem was is that injuries and the lack of consistent playing time were a problem.

He is just hitting his prime.If he stays injury free,there is no reason he can't produce 30 Hr's and over 100 RBI with close to a 300 BA.I'd hold onto him.He could be this years Pena in terms of #'s.Pena had no hype last year and look what happened. ;-D
Crystalstorm
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shasty mcnasty » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:29 pm

in my ten team league, i'm already kinda stacked in the OF (Crawford/CBYoung/Pence/Hamilton), and i picked up Quentin. In a situation like this, i'm most likely to try to sell off one of the others when he gets on a hot streak, and then to have Quentin to take his place. Without the hype, it's hard to sell high on a guy like Quentin, unless you know another owner really values him. But selling high on one of the others to improve a hole in your lineup, and then having Quentin to step into that OF slot on your own team is one way to play it, at least in a shallow league.
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Postby shinedog » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:33 pm

Another home run for Quentin today.
shinedog
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The River » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:23 pm

Sell, sell, sell. There is no way Quentin can maintain the numbers he is putting up as of this point in the season. Like someone mentioned above, package him with another player for a buy low, or even a normal trade.
The River
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates