Myers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Myers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Myers

Postby dipset » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:31 pm

PavanoAllstars wrote:Here's the quote that bothered me from CharlIe Manuel: "He is always (throwing) 91 to 95," Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said of his starter."Most of the time he topped out at 93, 94. There's a big difference. He's throwing curves right now. His fastball is hanging around 85, 86, 87, and topped out today at 89, from what I was watching. That's not his good fastball."

It seems without his fastball he's in trouble... so he's going to be benched until his fastball's back

Ya i have only seen him pitch like twice and he was never in the 90's....so i wasnt sure what was so special about him...but if he is going 94 with a slide and hook he would be a much different pitcher
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:54 pm

i would comment in here, but honestly theres too much ignorance for any of my points to even be considered.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:07 am

Snakes Gould wrote:i would comment in here, but honestly theres too much ignorance for any of my points to even be considered.

Snakes - I'm a fan of your posts, especially when it concerns Philly players...I'd be interested in what you've heard/read about Myers if you can. Thanks.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:13 am

well i for one, never have been a huge myers guy, but he can be productive. he wont dominate a game as he tends to lose focus here and there, and is also prone to some home runs. but while he does get hit from time to time, he usually maintains a high strikeout rate and can go deep into a game. a workhorse.

i dont think hes unhealthy this year, but his velocity isnt where it should be at this point. im willing to chalk the opening day as a mixture of a few things (working his stamina back up, etc..) and the game at colorado, as many pitchers have gone to die. i didnt get to see today's game since i was at work. he looked great vs houston and chicago and mediocre vs cinci. its hard to gauge his performance this early in the season, but he projects to pretty solid numbers over the course of a season.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AllDay » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:16 am

Snakes Gould wrote:i would comment in here, but honestly theres too much ignorance for any of my points to even be considered.

Agreed. Your ignorance makes your points unworthy of consideration.
AllDay
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hot4tx » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:49 pm

As a Myers owner in a few leagues I'm sad to say "Told ya so!" :-b

hot4tx wrote:Anyone know why the coach visited Brett Myers on the mound in the 2nd inning? Or why his fastball and changeup are like 3 miles an hour different right now? He's thrown one 90+ mph pitch through two innings.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=337773&p=2702487&hilit=brett+myers#p2702487

PooP :,-(
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:44 am

hot4tx wrote:As a Myers owner in a few leagues I'm sad to say "Told ya so!" :-b

hot4tx wrote:Anyone know why the coach visited Brett Myers on the mound in the 2nd inning? Or why his fastball and changeup are like 3 miles an hour different right now? He's thrown one 90+ mph pitch through two innings.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=337773&p=2702487&hilit=brett+myers#p2702487

PooP :,-(

told you so? in a game where he pitched great and his fastball was in the low 90's? not quite yet....

there have been some whispers in philly that he may be covering up some sort of injury but nothing is out yet.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby swyck » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:17 pm

dipset wrote:This is the first time i have ever seen him pitch...IS it maybe that he is just not that good? fastball is nothing special and his breaking ball was getting pounded....whats so good about him?

Maybe you should watch him when he's doing well. Blows his fastball by guys and breaking ball freezes batters. Seriously, you watch one game and ignore years of performance? :-b

Doesn't' mean he's going to have a good year. Pitchers often slump for whole seasons, and he's done it before. He had a bad start last year and turned it around.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Siddo4ty4 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:00 pm

told you so? in a game where he pitched great and his fastball was in the low 90's? not quite yet....

there have been some whispers in philly that he may be covering up some sort of injury but nothing is out yet.

Someone dropped Myers in my extremely active 14 team H2H league... I was going to pick him up but the prspoecting injury you just mentioned blew everything out of the water. He has lost velocity... and getting beat up in his first few games... Im sticking with Randy Wolf for now lol... and yes, Wolf had 2 excellent starts and 2 recent bad ones. Better than Myers!
Siddo4ty4
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates