Myers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Myers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Myers

Postby PavanoAllstars » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:44 pm

I'm starting to get concerned, he has 4 bad starts, two good ones, getting smacked around by the pirates today (at least I had McLouth in my line up...) Manuel says his fast ball has been hovering around 88-90, inconsistent location... reason to be concerned?
For every Brett Myers there's a Nate McLouth...
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Myers

Postby smoovethug » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:06 pm

No.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby PavanoAllstars » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:10 pm

what do you attribute his stumbling at the gate to then? Bad luck? Rusty after returning from the bull pen?
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby cwrtlm » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:44 pm

He was just dropped in my 10 team league. Of course I am putting in my waiver claim for him.
C- Hundley, Iannetta
1b- Wallace
2b- Barney/Barmes
3b- J. Lopez
CO- G. Sanchez
SS- Tulo
MI- Castro
OF- Bay, Hart, Pagan, Smith, Francisco, Ankiel
U- C. Ross(DL), Cantu
P- Carpent, Billings, Volquez, Marcum, Norris, J. Vazquez, Westbrook, Wolf, E Rogers
cwrtlm
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby smoovethug » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:13 pm

PavanoAllstars wrote:what do you attribute his stumbling at the gate to then? Bad luck? Rusty after returning from the bull pen?

Not everything needs to be attributed to something. He started slow last year as well. Was that because he was moved from the bullpen to the rotation? Give him time.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby dipset » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:42 pm

This is the first time i have ever seen him pitch...IS it maybe that he is just not that good? fastball is nothing special and his breaking ball was getting pounded....whats so good about him?
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby smoovethug » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:56 pm

dipset wrote:This is the first time i have ever seen him pitch...IS it maybe that he is just not that good? fastball is nothing special and his breaking ball was getting pounded....whats so good about him?

I guess you can say that after you've only seen him start one game and it happens to be a bad outing.

smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PavanoAllstars » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:08 pm

yikes, how did this turn into a bash mike myers convo... I was just asking if he was having any physical issues... i'm still keeping him around for the forseeable future, he's got the goods as long as he's healthy
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yanks_Baby » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:10 pm

I cut Myers. He was never good. EVER. He had one ok year, with a below 4.00 era, and everyone goes googley over him. He's not worth the 2 months it takes him to pick it up. His only good outings have been against crappy teams, and even trhen, they werten't too good. I may dd him later in the year, as I'm sure no one' going to bother picking him up in my league.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby PavanoAllstars » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Here's the quote that bothered me from CharlIe Manuel: "He is always (throwing) 91 to 95," Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said of his starter."Most of the time he topped out at 93, 94. There's a big difference. He's throwing curves right now. His fastball is hanging around 85, 86, 87, and topped out today at 89, from what I was watching. That's not his good fastball."

It seems without his fastball he's in trouble... so he's going to be benched until his fastball's back
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates