Team Help WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Team Help WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Team Help WHIR

Postby redsoxguy111 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:23 am

Hey guys, I'm in a 12 team 5x5 league. I think hitting is more important than pitching so my team is very lopsided. I want to keep Shields and Sanchez with another good pitcher. I want to trade Dunn + McGowan for a pitcher. Any other suggestions would be great too.

C Geovany Soto
1B Ryan Howard
2B Brandon Phillips
3B Alex Gordon
SS Hanley Ramirez
OF Nick Markakis
OF Adam Dunn
OF Josh Hamilton
Util Carlos Guillen
Bn Evan Longoria
Bn Conor Jackson
Bn Jermaine Dye
Bn Edwin Encarnacion

SP James Shields
SP Dustin McGowan
Rp Kerry Wood
RP BJ Ryan
P Troy Percival
P Jonathan Sanchez
DL Rafael Soriano

Thanks Soty for the amazing sig.
redsoxguy111
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Team Help WHIR

Postby CineMamet » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:42 am

Any suggestions you can give us to work with? I don't think Dunn's value is ever going to rise or fall much, so I think you should use that to your advantage and get a streaky player or someone who's struggling real bad right now. With McGowan you're losing strikeouts, but also his inconsistency. If you want a solid consistent pitcher, you could aim for Smoltz, although his stock is really too high at the moment. How about Dunn, McGowan for a 3rd tier starter, ala Smoltz, Haren, Zambrano?

Any particular reason you want to hold onto Sanchez? Even if he's Matt Cain this year, his losses and lack of wins won't do any favors.
Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember me from such nature films as "Earwigs: Ewwww" and "Man vs. Nature: The Road to Victory."
CineMamet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby redsoxguy111 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:39 am

I dunno, I think he's better than a spot starter right now, don't want to drop him yet. I'll try to get someone like Zambrano.
redsoxguy111
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Justblaze » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:38 am

McGowan has great stuff. Unlike Hughes, he hasn't loss any velocity on his fastball. I think you might have to wait for good games from Dunn and McGowan first. I believe McGowan is coming off a bad start where he couldn't locate his pitches. Dunn has not gone streaking yet either, you should wait. Once Dunn like hits three or four homers in a week I would try and deal him and Dustin for a stud like Beckett, CC, or Haren. I really like Beckett this year.
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team