AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Crazy Trades 2008

Postby duckbillgates » Sun May 04, 2008 12:48 pm

I saw a Chase Utley for Robinson Cano. I like Cano to rebound, but I don't think I would make that trade in an AL-only league ...

There is also an Utley for Felipe Lopez. I can only assume that one has "and you can sleep with my wife" thrown in to make it even.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
— Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Oatsdad » Sun May 04, 2008 7:55 pm

duckbillgates wrote:I saw a Chase Utley for Robinson Cano. I like Cano to rebound, but I don't think I would make that trade in an AL-only league ...

There is also an Utley for Felipe Lopez. I can only assume that one has "and you can sleep with my wife" thrown in to make it even.

And these were RECENT trades? Man, that's tough to believe - they're both truly nuts... :-B
Oatsdad
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tobias875 » Sun May 04, 2008 9:08 pm

duckbillgates wrote:I saw a Chase Utley for Robinson Cano. I like Cano to rebound, but I don't think I would make that trade in an AL-only league ...

you're right i wouldn't make that trade in an AL-Only league either, considering Utley is from the NL...
tobias875
College Coach
College Coach

Postby YerInUrine » Sun May 04, 2008 9:26 pm

tobias875 wrote:

you're right i wouldn't make that trade in an AL-Only league either, considering Utley is from the NL...

Way to ruin his joke.
YerInUrine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sea Dog Fan » Mon May 05, 2008 12:37 am

tobias875 wrote:

That one just flew over your head... ;-)

In my main 10 team league with my friends, Chad Cordero (this was when he his velocity was way down and he was going to lose his closing job) was traded for Matt Kemp. He just traded me Joe Nathan and I guess he wanted a closer, but I guess he didn't do his research before hand.

I don't like to veto, but he was trading a guy who was throwing in the 70s for an up and coming stud OF to a guy with a pretty formidable OF.
Sea Dog Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GunSlinger51 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:55 am

I'm in a money league with with my friends, and last week the one guy sent me C. Granderson and JJ Hardy for J. Peralta. My first instinct was to look around the page a bit before I accepted because I was afraid I was missing something. Definately a WTF moment in my book.
C-C.Ianetta
1B A. Pujols
2B D. Pedroia
SS M. Tejada
3B C. Jones
LF C. Quentin
CF C. Granderson
RF J. Elsbury
Bench-ARod, C.Delgado, H.Pence, A. Jones, M.Derosa, A. Ethier, J.Mauer.
GunSlinger51
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers