Crazy Trades 2008 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Crazy Trades 2008

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Crazy Trades 2008

Postby fezzik » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:10 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:I think it's obvious enough that they were cheating.

Sure, but the real question is why Chris Duncan was involved...if it's some big pre-arranged collusion thing, there must be better players on the team who's trading away Reyes...why would he want Duncan...and a few of the other guys as well. Seems counterproductive since he's going to have to drop better players. :-? :-)
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby enigma77 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:46 pm

Oatsdad wrote:
silverZ wrote:In my money league someone accept Jason Barlett and RJohnson for Cano. Somebody doesn't understand the concept of a slow start. %-6

Cano was dropped in one of my leagues. That's worse than a trade - drop him and you get NOTHING in return!

He was dropped in my league. Needless to say he's sitting on my bench right now......hopefully in my starting lineup soon. :*)
12 Team, 5X5 Roto League
C-Martin, 1B-Howard, 2B-Weeks, 3B-Zimmerman, SS-Gonzalez, OF-Hamilton/Bourn/Heyward, Util - D Lee/P Fielder
BN-Prado/Furcal/Uribe/Smoak/Span
SP-Greinke/Haren/Garcia/C Lewis
RP-Wilson/Lindstrom/Capps/Corpas
DL-Street
enigma77 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby noseeum » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:06 pm

Oatsdad wrote:
duckbillgates wrote:I know Sportsline and ESPN allow you to see recent trades from other leagues, and sometimes they are so jaw-dropping they deserve to be shared.

For example, I just saw this trade today:

Johnny Cueto
Chris Duncan
Alex Gordon
Rich Hill
Jason Isringhausen
Kelly Johnson
James Loney
Oliver Perez
Alex Rodriguez
Joakim Soria
Troy Tulowitzki

FOR

Jose Reyes

That's right. An 11-for-1 trade. And it apparently went through.

Man, as much as I hate vetoes, that one stinks so bad a commish would HAVE to intervene... %-6

Totally. I mean, if Soria wasn't included, I'd have to let this one through, but he just puts it over the top into an unfair trade. :*)
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby smoovethug » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:30 pm

Mike Jacobs
Brad Lidge
Justin Verlander

for

Conor Jackson
Brian Fuentes
Carlos Gomez

This deal was just made today. Keep in mind that last week in this league CoJack and Fuentes were both free agents. So instead of having the wherewithal to PICK UP Conor Jackson this putz trades Justin Verlander for him? %-6

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Montana » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:45 pm

smoovethug wrote:Mike Jacobs
Brad Lidge
Justin Verlander

for

Conor Jackson
Brian Fuentes
Carlos Gomez

This deal was just made today. Keep in mind that last week in this league CoJack and Fuentes were both free agents. So instead of having the wherewithal to PICK UP Conor Jackson this putz trades Justin Verlander for him? %-6

You play in a league with JJ?
Montana
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Rhydderch » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:07 pm

Mines not baseball either, but I played in a hockey sorta money league (10 bucks) where, after about 1 month, the first place guy traded his entire team to the last place guy. The idea of vetoing came in, but the guy made a logical argument.
Rhydderch
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:37 pm

Rhydderch wrote:Mines not baseball either, but I played in a hockey sorta money league (10 bucks) where, after about 1 month, the first place guy traded his entire team to the last place guy. The idea of vetoing came in, but the guy made a logical argument.

Logical argument? :-b
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby Oatsdad » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:41 pm

Rhydderch wrote:Mines not baseball either, but I played in a hockey sorta money league (10 bucks) where, after about 1 month, the first place guy traded his entire team to the last place guy. The idea of vetoing came in, but the guy made a logical argument.

If you're not joking, please explain that "logical argument"...
Oatsdad
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby slagbot » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:07 pm

i recently saw a Johan Santana for Daisuke 1 - 1 trade. guessing one of them had to be a homer for daisuke or something.
slagbot
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fezzik » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:54 am

Oatsdad wrote:

If you're not joking, please explain that "logical argument"...

If they swapped teams it wouldn't change the rosters in the league. The guy in first was probably there because of a combination of luck and skill. The guy in last was probably there because of a combination of back luck and a lack of skill...if they swapped rosters, then the better manager would be working with a last place team...perhaps because he wants to bring the last place team to first to show his utter dominance or something...that last place guy gets the better team, but will most likely manage it with less skill than the previous manager...allowing for every other manager in the league not involved in the trade to improve. That being said it would piss me off to no end...I want to compete against the best fantasy managers, and that sort of self-imposed handicap would take all the satisfaction out of the league for me.

If he just meant one guy traded his entire roster for one guy...then I really can't imagine a logical argument unless the last place team only had one guy on his entire roster.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers