Y! Enhancement request: Matchups - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Y! Enhancement request: Matchups

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Y! Enhancement request: Matchups

Postby Bwanna » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:59 pm

1. Under Team > Research, please make 'Matchup Ratings' the default selection instead of 'Overview'. I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds the information on the Overview page practically useless. I seriously doubt very many people use the Player Ranker, Avg Pick, and Depth Chart data to set line-ups. I'd be curious as to what others thought about that.

2. I like the Team > Research > Matchup Ratings comments, but I'm annoyed that the opposing pitchers aren't always named in the comments. Examples:

"Has 15 hits in 43 ABs (.349 Batting Average) against left handers in the bottom-tier since last year."
"Slugging .831 in 71 ABs against righties in the bottom-tier since last year."
"Reached base 21 times in 36 PAs (.583 On Base Average) against other lower-tier, left-handed pitchers since last season."

I know that you don't have control over those comments, but how about adding the 'Opposing Pitcher' column from the Team > Opponents page so that we can actually see who is pitching, and what their record is, without having to flip back and forth between those two pages.

3. PLEASE put the actual batter splits for the opposing pitcher on the Team > Research Matchup Ratings. You guys have the data, and it would be SOOO helpful to display in a nice neat format along with the matchup comments (so I don't have to keep (grease)monkeying with a script that depends on scraping HTML that changes from year-to-year. ;D)
Last edited by Bwanna on Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 243)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Y! Matchups enhancement request

Postby markj11 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:09 pm

Bwanna wrote:1. Under Team > Research, please make 'Matchup Ratings' the default selection instead of 'Overview'. I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds the information on the Overview page practically useless. I seriously doubt very many people use the Player Ranker, Avg Pick, and Depth Chart data to set line-ups. I'd be curious as to what others thought about that.

2. I like the Team > Research > Matchup Ratings comments, but I'm annoyed that the opposing pitchers aren't always named in the comments. Examples:

"Has 15 hits in 43 ABs (.349 Batting Average) against left handers in the bottom-tier since last year."
"Slugging .831 in 71 ABs against righties in the bottom-tier since last year."
"Reached base 21 times in 36 PAs (.583 On Base Average) against other lower-tier, left-handed pitchers since last season."

I know that you don't have control over those comments, but how about adding the 'Opposing Pitcher' column from the Team > Opponents page so that we can actually see who is pitching, and what their record is, without having to flip back and forth between those two pages.

3. PLEASE put the actual batter splits for the opposing pitcher on the Team > Research Matchup Ratings. You guys have the data, and it would be SOOO helpful to display in an nice neat format along with the matchup comments (so I don't have to keep (grease)monkeying with a script that depends on scraping HTML that changes from year-to-year. ;D)

Haha, exactly what he said. ;-D
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Y! Enhancement request: Matchups

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:24 am

;-D ;-D
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers