Victorino - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Victorino

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Victorino

Postby Siddo4ty4 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:17 pm

Correction* I think of him as the "Bourne" in the trilogy.

I can agree with you that the batting ave. will be better but "Bourne" will take every other category THIS year over Victorino.

Though bourn has less experience you cant ignore victorino's inconsistent playing time. He has 2 "full years (over 400 ABs) in his 5 years in the league and has a HR cap of 12... I will say that bourn will easily outdo that number in his 4th year playing full time.

They will be similar, but in the long run, Bourn is your man.
Siddo4ty4
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wildbill » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:23 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:The only worry I have about Victorino right now is Jayson Werth, who has been out of his mind since Victorino went on the DL. Werth might take some ABs away from Victorino until the Flying Hawaiian gets it going.

Werth will probably see some time in CF, but he'll also see time in RF with Jenkins sitting out games, in fact I'd be surprised if Werth did get the majority of his playing time in RF platooning with Jenkins. He might get a start a week in CF, but probably not more then that unless Victorino is really slumping. I think Jenkins stands to loose far more playing time.

I'll also agree with everyone else that Siddo4ty4 has no idea wtf he's talking about. It's been reported that the Phillies wished they hadn't put Victorino on the DL because his injury was nowhere near as bad as they thought it was initially and he didn't really need the full 15 days on the dl.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:02 am

wildbill wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:The only worry I have about Victorino right now is Jayson Werth, who has been out of his mind since Victorino went on the DL. Werth might take some ABs away from Victorino until the Flying Hawaiian gets it going.

Werth will probably see some time in CF, but he'll also see time in RF with Jenkins sitting out games, in fact I'd be surprised if Werth did get the majority of his playing time in RF platooning with Jenkins. He might get a start a week in CF, but probably not more then that unless Victorino is really slumping. I think Jenkins stands to loose far more playing time.

I'll also agree with everyone else that Siddo4ty4 has no idea wtf he's talking about. It's been reported that the Phillies wished they hadn't put Victorino on the DL because his injury was nowhere near as bad as they thought it was initially and he didn't really need the full 15 days on the dl.

Yup. I think you are correct. Jenkins has been so bad that I had forgotten about him. :-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 213)

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates