Victorino - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Victorino

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Victorino

Postby eessej1326 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:52 pm

With his calf injury, does anyone see this hurting his value as a steals man. And what are you projections as far as power for him this year?
eessej1326
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Victorino

Postby rowe33 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:33 pm

I'm hoping it doesn't affect him too negatively since I just traded Volquez for him. He did have a CS in Wednesday night's rehab game so at least he feels well enough to run. He still managed 5 SB in 26 games last year after a similar injury. Not sure about his power as I just need him for some speed.
rowe33
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Siddo4ty4 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:20 pm

Drop him....

Will have nagging injuries all season and has complained to management about playing time.

Maybe trade him for bourne (if lucky)?

- Sid
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=340194
Siddo4ty4
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:39 pm

Siddo4ty4 wrote:Drop him....

Will have nagging injuries all season and has complained to management about playing time.

- Sid

This is terrible advice. With any speed guy, a lower body injury is of concern. I plan on keeping an eye on how he does in the minors, but I plan on activating him as soon as he comes back! I still expect good things from him...double digit HR, 25+ SB for the rest of year...anything else would be gravy.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Siddo4ty4 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:39 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:

- Sid

This is terrible advice. With any speed guy, a lower body injury is of concern. I plan on keeping an eye on how he does in the minors, but I plan on activating him as soon as he comes back! I still expect good things from him...double digit HR, 25+ SB for the rest of year...anything else would be gravy.

OK, I challenge you that he wont put up those numbers. Do keep an eye on him in the minors and watch his contact percentage (currently in single-A).

He will give you runs and steal about <28 bases, Bourne will give you better numbers across the board except in Runs.
Siddo4ty4
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:47 pm

Siddo4ty4 wrote:
BALCO All-Stars wrote:

- Sid

OK, I challenge you that he wont put up those numbers. Do keep an eye on him in the minors and watch his contact percentage (currently in single-A).

He will give you runs and steal about <28 bases, Bourne will give you better numbers across the board except in Runs.

Unless he gets hurt again he will put up double digit HRs and most likely 25+ SBs. Those were pretty modest predictions IMO. I'd be more surpised if he doesn't get those numbers than if he does.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:50 pm

Siddo4ty4 wrote:

Victorino will have a better AVG, R, HR, RBI...I do concede that Bourn (NOT BOURNE) will have quite a bit more SB though. Vic is more of a threat to go 15/35 while Bourn is more of a 5/60+ type of player (although he has 13 already, so 60+ is a floor). More balance = Victorino, more speed = Bourn.

Bourn's ceiling is a Juan Pierre type, but with a worse AVG.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby yossarian » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:52 pm

How can you give the advice to drop Victorino because of his calf injury, saying it's going to hurt the thing that gives him most of his value, and in the same breath champion Bourne, who is currently nursing a groin injury, which will hurt, you guessed it--his SBs? That doesn't make any sense. :-?

Hold on to Vic. See what he does his first couple weeks back. Dropping him right now makes no sense and his horrible advice.
yossarian
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mde » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:06 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:

- Sid

I agree with this guy. Bourn will ONLY get you SB with a terrible average once pitchers start making him hit the ball. Pitchers aren't even pitching around him yet and he's still hovering around 215.

If you can get Victorino for Bourn, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
mde
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:09 pm

The only worry I have about Victorino right now is Jayson Werth, who has been out of his mind since Victorino went on the DL. Werth might take some ABs away from Victorino until the Flying Hawaiian gets it going.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates