the first no hitter - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

the first no hitter

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: the first no hitter

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:07 pm

Von Hayes is my new favorite cafe member. I'm going to start an "I Hate that Stupid Three Homeruns Thread and Every Dumb Joke that it has Spawned" fanclub. Von, join now and I'll make you a charter member. Membership is only $10/year, benefits include an IHTSTHTAEDJTIHS keychain, a member card with personalized ID number, and a quarterly newsletter. Anyone interested pm me for where to send the money. We accept check, money order, or concealed cash.

Also, I think it's apparent that the first no-hitter will be someone nobody will expect. I say John Lannan.
Image
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: the first no hitter

Postby moochman » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:58 pm

I think the first no-no will be thrown by Lincecum on one of those cold SF evenings. Now wether he wins or not...
Image
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1649
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: First place baby

Re: the first no hitter

Postby YardBirds » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:00 pm

If I had to guess... I'd say Ervin Santana
"I never used a corked bat...And if I took it to court I'd win that case." --Albert "Joey" Belle
Image
YardBirds
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1091
Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: the first no hitter

Postby RyanK » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:09 pm

Joe Saunders
Image
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 2839
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: the first no hitter

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:17 pm

I'm not sure against who, but watch out for Daniel Cabrera. He is so inconsistent, but a no hitter only takes one great day, and he's capable of pitching incredibly for a day. Also, even if he walks 10, it can still be a no hitter.
Image

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3540
(Past Year: 135)
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: the first no hitter

Postby j24jags » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:24 pm

Oliver Perez

(Wishful thinking)
Image
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10340
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: the first no hitter

Postby Old_Style » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:28 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I'm not sure against who, but watch out for Daniel Cabrera. He is so inconsistent, but a no hitter only takes one great day, and he's capable of pitching incredibly for a day. Also, even if he walks 10, it can still be a no hitter.


What would you set the over/under on number of pitches needed for a Daniel Cabrera no hitter?
Image
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6885
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the last neighborhood corner tavern

Re: the first no hitter

Postby Von Hayes » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:49 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Von Hayes is my new favorite cafe member. I'm going to start an "I Hate that Stupid Three Homeruns Thread and Every Dumb Joke that it has Spawned" fanclub. Von, join now and I'll make you a charter member. Membership is only $10/year, benefits include an IHTSTHTAEDJTIHS keychain, a member card with personalized ID number, and a quarterly newsletter. Anyone interested pm me for where to send the money. We accept check, money order, or concealed cash.

Also, I think it's apparent that the first no-hitter will be someone nobody will expect. I say John Lannan.


:highfive:

I'll send you $100, so that I'm good to go through 2018. I assume that by then all of the nerds will have moved on to some other "cool" thing. By the way, I've never seen that stupid thread but it sounds riveting. Nerds are attracting to message boards like moths to light. It often makes me wish I had never found out about the internets.
Von Hayes
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 65
Joined: 31 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: the first no hitter

Postby Tavish » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:52 pm

Von Hayes wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Von Hayes is my new favorite cafe member. I'm going to start an "I Hate that Stupid Three Homeruns Thread and Every Dumb Joke that it has Spawned" fanclub. Von, join now and I'll make you a charter member. Membership is only $10/year, benefits include an IHTSTHTAEDJTIHS keychain, a member card with personalized ID number, and a quarterly newsletter. Anyone interested pm me for where to send the money. We accept check, money order, or concealed cash.

Also, I think it's apparent that the first no-hitter will be someone nobody will expect. I say John Lannan.


:highfive:

I'll send you $100, so that I'm good to go through 2018. I assume that by then all of the nerds will have moved on to some other "cool" thing. By the way, I've never seen that stupid thread but it sounds riveting. Nerds are attracting to message boards like moths to light. It often makes me wish I had never found out about the internets.

The light was too powerful for you to ignore. :-)
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11066
(Past Year: 70)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: the first no hitter

Postby redjake » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:55 pm

Von Hayes wrote:...then you are not so knowledgeable about the baseball.


Feel the baseball. BE...the baseball.
redjake
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 286
Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: TX

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fantasy Sports Genie, HotRephoantee, legXpromt and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Apr. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(1:05 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Seattle at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Atlanta at NY Mets
(1:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(1:35 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(3:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact