100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Corey Hart Projection

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Corey Hart Projection

Postby Yoda » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:21 pm

The Cow wrote:
Yoda wrote:
The Cow wrote:I don't panic on proven players in April either, but Hart is NOT a proven player.

The Cow

He is proven. His 07 is right in line with everything he's done in MiLB and the brief stints he had in MLB.

Most of one season and a couple cups of coffee does not make Hart proven. Basically Hart was a rookie last year, so this is essentially his sophomore year. Pitchers make adjustments to Hart will he be able to adjust back? Hart only has 1 HR so far. If Hart plays well this year then he is proven in my book. It is often easy to have a good 1st year, but harder to maintain that success. The jury is still out on Hart as a proven MLB player.

The Cow

Yeah if Hart didn't have similar peripherals in MiLB I would have agreed with you. However, what he did in 07 is pretty much in line with what most people who followed him were projecting.

As far as his current 1 HR total... He had a whopping total of 1 HR on June 1, 07. Like I said, he is a young streaky power hitter and there is plenty of time left to hit 20 more.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Corey Hart Projection

Postby chipper » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:33 pm

Yoda wrote:As far as his current 1 HR total... He had a whopping total of 1 HR on June 1, 07.

That's good to know.

I was able to snag the Brewers 2-5 spots on one of my teams. Looking forward to Cameron coming back so I can see if it was a mistake to have 4 hitters from the same team who hit right next to eachother. I'm guessing since it's a hitters park and hitter friendly division, it's not a horrible thing to have.
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers