Corey Hart Projection - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Corey Hart Projection

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Corey Hart Projection

Postby duckbillgates » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:43 pm

He had 9 of his 24 homers last year in June (and, coincidentally, only one in April). 30 is still reasonable.

As a general rule, I don't adjust values for players at all during April. I ignore slow starts, try to swing trades and make pickups on guys that impatient managers drope, etc.

I don't think anyone should have buyer's remorse for any pick this early, if you did your homework in the draft.
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Big Train » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:04 am

My main concern is the LHP/RHP splits. Against RHP he's been pretty mediocre over the course of 602 career AB's: .262/.311/.472. Last year (.278/.320/.504) wasn't horrible except for the OBP, but I'd hate to think that I might have to platoon him going foward. So far this year in 61 AB it's .213/.284/.344. I'm ignoring this at this early stage but it's hard not to think about it when looking at matchups for daily roster considerations. I've had him on my bench several times in favour of Luke Scott. :-t
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Russell James » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:45 am

Field wrote:
Russell James wrote:It all depends on what you want from this guy. All I want is 25/25 with a .290 average. If I get that then the Runs and Hits will take care of themselves in that offense. He had a nice hit today and tried to stretch a double into a triple. Younger players tend to start off slow and then pick it up. Look at Ryan Braun.

It like how you responded to your own thread, that's great. :-b

He's had a somewhat lackluster month, but he hasn't been horrible by any stretch. He still has huge upside in both HRs and SBs. I wouldn't be looking to move him at all, not many players have his power/speed potential.

:-D I felt bad because everyone was ragging on him at the time.
Russell James
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby j24jags » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:50 pm

Russell James wrote:Is it too much to expect: 30 HRs, 30 SBs, 100 Runs, 80 RBI, .300 AVG from this guy?

Yes, I like Hart but to me those numbers seem very very high. Do you realize those numbers would make him a top 5 OF and probably a 1st round pick?
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Yoda » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:55 pm

j24jags wrote:
Russell James wrote:Is it too much to expect: 30 HRs, 30 SBs, 100 Runs, 80 RBI, .300 AVG from this guy?

Yes, I like Hart but to me those numbers seem very very high. Do you realize those numbers would make him a top 5 OF and probably a 1st round pick?

He would have been very close to those projections in 07 if he got 600+ ABs. Those are probably on the high end of what you should expect but he still has a chance.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Cow » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:33 pm

duckbillgates wrote:He had 9 of his 24 homers last year in June (and, coincidentally, only one in April). 30 is still reasonable.

As a general rule, I don't adjust values for players at all during April. I ignore slow starts, try to swing trades and make pickups on guys that impatient managers drope, etc.

I don't think anyone should have buyer's remorse for any pick this early, if you did your homework in the draft.

I don't panic on proven players in April either, but Hart is NOT a proven player.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:40 pm

The Cow wrote:
duckbillgates wrote:He had 9 of his 24 homers last year in June (and, coincidentally, only one in April). 30 is still reasonable.

I don't panic on proven players in April either, but Hart is NOT a proven player.

The Cow

He is proven. His 07 is right in line with everything he's done in MiLB and the brief stints he had in MLB.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Russell James » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:26 pm

Preach it Yoda!

I agree with Yoda and I am going to be more optimistic about Hart.

This is a keeper league also so if he can get to those numbers in 2 years I will be happy with my trade.
Russell James
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Field » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:33 pm

Once he finds his sunglasses he should start hitting HRs and swiping bags in bunches B-) ;-D .
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby The Cow » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:05 pm

Yoda wrote:
The Cow wrote:

The Cow

He is proven. His 07 is right in line with everything he's done in MiLB and the brief stints he had in MLB.

Most of one season and a couple cups of coffee does not make Hart proven. Basically Hart was a rookie last year, so this is essentially his sophomore year. Pitchers make adjustments to Hart will he be able to adjust back? Hart only has 1 HR so far. If Hart plays well this year then he is proven in my book. It is often easy to have a good 1st year, but harder to maintain that success. The jury is still out on Hart as a proven MLB player.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers