Corey Hart Projection - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Corey Hart Projection

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Corey Hart Projection

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:07 pm

gws226 wrote:I really regretting drafting him in one of my modified keepers. It felt good @ 34 (88 overall) but I was well into my 5th or 6th beer. I don't think a .300 100-30-100-30 is entirely out of the question, but I think there was less risky picks for OF in that general area.

I suspect he will merely be a dissappointment due to ADP this year, and should be a nice grab in the 9-11th rounds next year.

wow, already planning on taking him next season in the 9th-11th rounds bc hes a bust this season??? geez guys, its still really early... i dont know how many times this has to be said!
10-Team 8x8 h2h

C VMart
1B MCab
2B Stewart
3B Zimmerman
SS Ramirez
OF Manny,BJUpton,Braun
Ut Rios
Ut Pierre
BN Quentin,Snider,Berkman,Bruce

SP Kershaw,Gallardo,Hanson,Liriano,Holland,JGarcia,Romero
RP KRod,Marmol,Feliz,Wagner,Dotel
DL BAnderson
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:07 pm

He started last season terribly too... as I recall he was just plain awful until mid to late May. I wouldn't get too down on him just yet.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Grounded Polo » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:10 pm

Simulacrum wrote:He started last season terribly too... as I recall he was just plain awful until mid to late May. I wouldn't get too down on him just yet.

He didn't start terribly, he didn't start, period. Yost had him riding the pine for most of April and May. Anything he provides now makes him ahead of his '07 pace.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Russell James » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:32 pm

It all depends on what you want from this guy. All I want is 25/25 with a .290 average. If I get that then the Runs and Hits will take care of themselves in that offense. He had a nice hit today and tried to stretch a double into a triple. Younger players tend to start off slow and then pick it up. Look at Ryan Braun.
Russell James
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby markj11 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:40 pm

Russell James wrote:It all depends on what you want from this guy. All I want is 25/25 with a .290 average. If I get that then the Runs and Hits will take care of themselves in that offense. He had a nice hit today and tried to stretch a double into a triple. Younger players tend to start off slow and then pick it up. Look at Ryan Braun.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's all anyone wants from their 6-8 rounder. ;-D
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Field » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:54 pm

Russell James wrote:It all depends on what you want from this guy. All I want is 25/25 with a .290 average. If I get that then the Runs and Hits will take care of themselves in that offense. He had a nice hit today and tried to stretch a double into a triple. Younger players tend to start off slow and then pick it up. Look at Ryan Braun.

It like how you responded to your own thread, that's great. :-b

He's had a somewhat lackluster month, but he hasn't been horrible by any stretch. He still has huge upside in both HRs and SBs. I wouldn't be looking to move him at all, not many players have his power/speed potential.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:16 pm

freeling_prideful wrote:He actually has more steals than HRs, I'd say the power aspect is more worrisome at this point.

I think it's reasonable to project an average drop, his contact rate is low 80's and he doesn't walk a lot, so his plate discipline is relatively poor. I'd guess .280-22 HR-85 RBI-85 R-28 SB for his final numbers.

I don't see power as an issue for Hart as his minor league numbers suggested he could emerge a 25 HR type and on about 3/4's AB's last year, he had a near 25-25 year. However, as you touched upon, his plate discipline is a bit amiss, but he should reasonably get a 25/25, .290 BA line by season's end.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby colt4523 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:58 pm

I hoping he gets hot soon. I actually drafted him in both of my leagues, so I was obviously expecting a lot of out of him.
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 81)

Postby The_Natural » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:33 pm

I'm regretting taking him over Markakis right now. I hope that will change soon.
The_Natural
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:37 pm

It is early. He should still go 20-20 at minimum with a strong chance at 30-30. He was extremely streaky last year also.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers