Rollins with a broken ankle? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rollins with a broken ankle?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rollins with a broken ankle

Postby neoforce » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:36 am

hett2333 wrote:
Rollins was overrated anyways. He belonged in the Toluwitzki tier of SS's - well behind Hanley and Jose. No way is he a first rounder.

Hugh? What are you basing this on, being a Mets fan? Nobody knew he was going to get hurt, he was easily a top 6-7 pick going into this draft. Rollins beat Tulo in EVERY single category last year...so how is he in the same tier? I think you should quit fantasy baseball...

Just a guess, but I laughed when I read AllDay's comment about Rollins not being a first round pick. I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic based on the Reye's thread at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=339127

:-D Of course a smilie would have made that clear. Subtle jokes can easily be misunderstood on message boards.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:10 am

CBMGreatOne wrote:
RRGL1 wrote:
Yoda wrote:It depends on the severity. Sometimes a broken bone is better than a sprain. It is also possible to play on a broken ankle.

Point taken, but I seriously doubt this will result in Rollins coming back sooner than expected.

Why are you so difficult? It gets old.

WTF? Yoda might not always be a ball of sunshine, but what could you possibly have gleaned from his quote here that you took offense to????

Yeah, I'm kinda wondering the same thing.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:08 am

Nothing but a rumor most likely started by a Met fan. If Rollins had a break, then there will be stories about it on every single sports page. This is why you should wait for actual news before you claim that the sky is falling.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:37 am

Yoda wrote:Nothing but a rumor most likely started by a Met fan. If Rollins had a break, then there will be stories about it on every single sports page. This is why you should wait for actual news before you claim that the sky is falling.

maybe it's like that Larry Johnson foot injury that plaqued Fantasy Football owners last season...started as a rumor on some local TV station that no one wanted to believe
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby djacks » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:54 am

I just about had a heart-attack when I read the title of this thread... :-o

Nothing about it on Yahoo or CBSsports yet so I'm still skeptical...but I have a pretty good trade offer on the table for him right now so lets keep this thing updated so I can make a qualified decision!!!
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby great gretzky » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:58 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Yoda wrote:Nothing but a rumor most likely started by a Met fan. If Rollins had a break, then there will be stories about it on every single sports page. This is why you should wait for actual news before you claim that the sky is falling.

maybe it's like that Larry Johnson foot injury that plaqued Fantasy Football owners last season...started as a rumor on some local TV station that no one wanted to believe

Problem is, Philly is such a rumor-based town, that it would blow up more, even if it was cited as "rumors." I mean I dealt with several weeks of Larry Fitzgerald to the Eagles rumors, now there is Roy Williams. Happens EVERY year with something in that town.

However, given its the Phils, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out that it's broken or something. But nothing is official yet. One would think that if there were more to it, there would be a thread longer than five pages on the forums at philaphans.com.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby hot4tx » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:06 am

I think the fact that this rumor is floating around, you should lower him just a touch if you had to evaluate him right now. However, I'd be very wary of trading for him until you get more info (unless you're getting a pretty good risk discount). As a Rollins owner in many leagues, I'd likewise still be hesitant to trade him away at much less than mid to late-first round value. If you've got him there's nothing you can do but wait and try not to make yourself crazy.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby moochman » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:07 am

Why are you being so difficult? :-b

It is odd that none of the major sources have breathed a word of it.
I agree with your previous irritable post :-b that a break may heal a little quicker in some cases. If he does have one it is likely to be a very small fracture that was hidden by swelling in previous X-rays. Those can heal up quicker and not tend to linger like some high ankle sprains.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby one ton » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:32 am

Jimmy Rollins-SS-Phillies Apr. 24 - 11:24 am et

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Jimmy Rollins (ankle) is scheduled to take batting practice Thursday.
A rumor circulated Wednesday that Rollins had a break in his injured left ankle, but taking batting practice would obviously rule that out. Rollins isn't eligible to return from the disabled list for another 10 days.
Source: Philadelphia Inquirer
one ton
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby djacks » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:23 pm

one ton wrote:

Jimmy Rollins-SS-Phillies Apr. 24 - 11:24 am et

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Jimmy Rollins (ankle) is scheduled to take batting practice Thursday.
A rumor circulated Wednesday that Rollins had a break in his injured left ankle, but taking batting practice would obviously rule that out. Rollins isn't eligible to return from the disabled list for another 10 days.
Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

Thank you!!! :-°
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers