Rollins with a broken ankle? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rollins with a broken ankle?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rollins with a broken ankle

Postby RRGL1 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:49 pm

Yoda wrote:It depends on the severity. Sometimes a broken bone is better than a sprain. It is also possible to play on a broken ankle.

Point taken, but I seriously doubt this will result in Rollins coming back sooner than expected.

Why are you so difficult? It gets old.
RRGL1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby YardBirds » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:51 pm

:~(

I traded Braun/Tejada for him a week ago... thought I was buying low on a sprained ankle... gotta love fantasy baseball... Crosby/Cabrera are gonna be managing my infield for awhile...
"I never used a corked bat...And if I took it to court I'd win that case." --Albert "Joey" Belle
YardBirds
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:52 pm

RRGL1 wrote:
Yoda wrote:It depends on the severity. Sometimes a broken bone is better than a sprain. It is also possible to play on a broken ankle.

Point taken, but I seriously doubt this will result in Rollins coming back sooner than expected.

Difficult? What the hell are you talking about? He's already had an x-ray before and now they are reporting a break? Think about it for a second before you run around like a chicken without a head.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby neoforce » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:56 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&id=2972

Yeah, but that one points to the Off the Record link I posted earlier.. So far, I have seen rotoworld, protrade both refer to same off the record blub. I'm monitoring 610WIP philly radio which was mentioned in the first message of the thread, and so far, no mention since I've been listening.

Have to quit soon to have dinner.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RRGL1 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:57 pm

Yoda wrote:
RRGL1 wrote:

Difficult? What the hell are you talking about? He's already had an x-ray before and now they are reporting a break? Think about it for a second before you run around like a chicken without a head.

I'm referring to your generally irritating disposition at the Cafe...it gets old.
RRGL1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:58 pm

I think it's weird that now there's a break in Rollins' ankle than what the X-rays first reported. It's possible for someone to play on a broken ankle, but the likelihood that it's quite severe to miss a month or two is greater.

You Rollins owners are going to hate me for this, but last Saturday, I sent him packing along with Billy Butler for Hanley Ramirez and the deal was accepted Sunday morning BEFORE the DL announcement. I'm relieved, but I can definitely empathize losing Rollins. The irony is that the Phils' not-quite-so-honest diagnosis still bought me some time to deal Rollins.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:04 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:I think it's weird that now there's a break in Rollins' ankle than what the X-rays first reported. It's possible for someone to play on a broken ankle, but the likelihood that it's quite severe to miss a month or two is greater.

You Rollins owners are going to hate me for this, but last Saturday, I sent him packing along with Billy Butler for Hanley Ramirez and the deal was accepted Sunday morning BEFORE the DL announcement. I'm relieved, but I can definitely empathize losing Rollins. The irony is that the Phils' not-quite-so-honest diagnosis still bought me some time to deal Rollins.

I think that it is probably not a big break and that's why the x-ray didn't pick it up the first time. If he hurt in while pinch hitting and he misses significant time then everyone in the FO needs to be reprimanded based on how poorly they handled this situation.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:07 pm

theres no reports out of philadelphia that there is a break yet. not doubting it, but i still think its early. even so, i dont see rollins milking this out for another 2 months. hes a tough guy and will try to get back on it ASAP.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:12 pm

If it was something as simple as a chip of the bone, those can heal in 2 weeks. I've done that before myself. ;-D
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dorje3 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:18 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:I think it's weird that now there's a break in Rollins' ankle than what the X-rays first reported. It's possible for someone to play on a broken ankle, but the likelihood that it's quite severe to miss a month or two is greater.

Nice move! ;-D
dorje3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers