Liberty Mutual Field - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Liberty Mutual Field

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Liberty Mutual Field

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:25 pm

Field wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:The article said that Safeco was going to retain its brand and continue selling policies through its agents, so I would doubt it.

I wonder if Safeco can continue to afford shelling out the money necessary for the naming rights, usually those contracts are written in years and not decades. So it could possibly be running out soon.

$2M(ish) a year until 2019.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:30 pm

Field wrote:
Tavish wrote:Bad business decision by Liberty Mutual. If I was going to buy out a business so I could get the naming rights to a stadium there has to be a cheaper alternative. Maybe go after Petco. Or even better go after McAfee so that you get a baseball and football stadium. Some of these CEOs just don't think things through.

I think you are missing a ;-7 at the end of your post. Unless you are being serious....

I didn't read the entire article, but I'm pretty sure that Liberty Mutual was interested in the company and not the naming rights to the stadium....

Ack! That is even worse. Liberty Mutual is already an insurance company, why in the world would they buy another one? If they wanted to buy a company (and still get the bonus of stadium naming rights) they could have bought Anaheiser-Busch or Miller Brewing Company. Think about it. Less money spent on corporate holiday parties. Plus selling both insurance and beer means you would make money on both ends from all the drunk drivers. Even better, you would be making money on drunk drivers as they are leaving a stadium named after your company! Pure synergy.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:33 pm

:-b
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 53)

Previous