100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Chad Cordero

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chad Cordero

Postby bcfisk » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:06 am

From Yahoo:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7221/news

Apr 23 RHP Chad Cordero will see Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala., today about his right shoulder, which caused him to start the season on the disabled list with tendinitis. Cordero said he felt clicking in the shoulder on Monday night after pitching a scoreless eighth inning against the Braves. He notified agent Larry Reynolds yesterday morning and told the Nationals' training staff later in the day. Cordero said he felt no pain when he pitched, but both Reynolds and the team want him to get the shoulder checked before he returns to the closer's role. Yahoo! Sports

Apr 22 Cordero will have his right shoulder examined on Wednesday by Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala. "He's not in any pain," Nationals general manager Jim Bowden said before his team's game against the Atlanta Braves. "He just feels a click. A click can be normal. A lot of pitchers have it, but he's never had it."

Advice: Cordero came off the 15-day disabled list on Saturday after missing 12 games because of shoulder tendinitis. The right-hander has no record and no save opportunities in four games this season.
STATS LLC

Apr 22 Cordero will visit with orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews Wednesday about his right shoulder, the Nationals' official site reports.

Recommendation: Apparently he felt a clicking in his shoulder after his one-inning appearance against the Braves Monday. The Nationals have no idea what may be causing the clicking, but aren't taking any chances here. If it turns out to be nothing, then Cordero will continue his push to regaining the closer's role. If Dr. Andrews finds something, then Jon Rauch's job just got a lot safer.
RotoWire
"I can't explain it ... things happened so fast. I felt myself not penetrating, so I tried to go the right and it wasn't there."

-Steve McNair, after a failed QB sneak
bcfisk
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates