How to improve my team? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How to improve my team? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How to improve my team? WHIR

Postby thernkworks » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:13 am

The League: Yahoo, 5x5, Head to Head, 12 teams
The Team: Isn´t doing bad: it´s 19-11 in a head to head league. But I´ve been playing weak opponents and think my team needs a couple upgrades to win the league. Here´s my roster

C Geovany Soto
1B Marx Teixeira
2B Aaron Hill
SS Michael Young
3B David Wright
OF Adam Dunn
OF Josh Hamilton
OF Grady Sizemore
UTIL Brad Hawpe
BN Edwin Encarnación, Carlos Gómez

SP Matt Cain
SP Rich Hill
RP JJ Putz
RP Matt Caps
P Brandon Lyon
P George Sherill
P Justin Verlander
BN Joe Blanton
BN Brett Myers
BN Dana Eveland

I think my team needs a good SP and a little bit more speed.

I´ve been trying to package Brad Hawpe and a RP for a starter, but no one seems interested. Should I keep trying to trade these guys for various starters? Which starters should I target on other teams? Do you think that moving Carlos Gómez into Brad Hawpe´s spot in the lineup (if i can make a trade happen) will give me enough SBs?

Also, Plácido Polanco is a free agent. Should I pick him up to replace Aaron Hill?

I know there are a lot of questions here, but any help with my team(related to my questions or not) will be appreciated and reciprocated.
thernkworks
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How to improve my team? WHIR

Postby amcoops245 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:33 pm

Something you could consider would be packaging a closer like Sherrill and a SP (Hill? Eveland?) for a top of the line SP. Not that i don't think Sherill's a great closer, cause I do, but I'm an O's fan and I think the save ops are gonna be hard to come by now (we're always good April but its downhill from there). And his value has to be pretty high now. Some guys you could look to trade for are like Zambrano, CC, Haren, Bedard. While its nice having 4 closers in a 12 team league, Lyon and Putz are gonna get a lot of saves each so you should be good in that category

In terms of speed, I'd recommend dropping Hill for Kaz who just came back...he'll get you some steals

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=339733
amcoops245
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team