Cabrera moves to firstbase - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cabrera moves to firstbase

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cabrera moves to firstbase

Postby absolut typical » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:29 pm

This is huge as a MCab owner in a league that penalizes heavily for Errors. Thank God!
absolut typical
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MTUCache » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:27 pm

jlm53089 wrote:This is interesting but is smart.
Leyland knows what he is doing, and in the long run it will be for the best of the team.
Now how Cabrera reacts is a whole different story...

As far as Dave Dombrowski knows, MCab is loving it. I honestly don't think he cares where he plays, as long as he's in the lineup. He's definitely got a smile on his face and a hop in his step tonight, the same one he's had for weeks.

As for getting more starts at 3B... I'm sure he'll get them at some point this year. This isn't a permanent, concrete lineup by any means, and Leyland will have several more moves up his sleeves before the year is over. For instance, in day games after night games (while Sheff is still injured), it's a good possibility that Inge will be catching and MCab will play 3B, Guillen DH, and Thames 1B. Not even accounting for any more injuries this season, there will be enough quirky situations where all of these guys will get scattered all over the IF.
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ScarletP » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:50 pm

After reading the "Pujols to 2nd" thread, I figured that by now we'd be discussing whether Cabrera is a better player than Gehrig... ;-7
ScarletP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby duckbillgates » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:52 pm

absolut typical wrote:This is huge as a MCab owner in a league that penalizes heavily for Errors. Thank God!

My league used to count errors, but we did away with it (horrible, horrible roto category). Still, I feel your gratitude. His value just got a nice boost for you there.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
— Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Sensei » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:43 am

ScarletP wrote:After reading the "Pujols to 2nd" thread, I figured that by now we'd be discussing whether Cabrera is a better player than Gehrig... ;-7

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Although, Gehrig was overrated. If i'm facing Johan Santana, give me Rich Aurilia over Lou Gehrig any day of the week.

Kidding btw... B-)
"I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Sensei
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JoshExley » Mon May 05, 2008 1:20 pm

Can't remember if it was mentioned earlier in this thread-or another MCab thread-about where MCab ranks now as a 1B in fantasy.

Is the consensus:

Pujols
MCab
Prince
Howard

I think I might actually have MCab #1...
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers