What's the deal with James Shields? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What's the deal with James Shields?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What's the deal with James Shields?

Postby Surfs up » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:06 am

Would you prefer he pitch in the Central ? The Red Sox are really the only team in the east that has an excellent lineup? Maybe the BlueJays. the Yankees don't scare me. Good all around team but not loaded. The West has the Angels and the Mariners.Its not like he wil always face the good teams ace . Any pitcher worth having has to beat the good teams as well as the bad teams. Somethimes the bad teams are the teams that can hurt you the most.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 184)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Surfs up » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:22 am

I see your point but I beleive each year is different . I see him as getting better. You're a Rays fan . Do you? You know more about them then most of us.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:27 am

Surfs up wrote:Would you prefer he pitch in the Central ? The Red Sox are really the only team in the east that has an excellent lineup? Maybe the BlueJays. the Yankees don't scare me. Good all around team but not loaded. The West has the Angels and the Mariners.Its not like he wil always face the good teams ace . Any pitcher worth having has to beat the good teams as well as the bad teams. Somethimes the bad teams are the teams that can hurt you the most.

The Yankees not loaded with their lineup? Are you serious? They will easily be a top 5 scoring team in all of baseball this year.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J.C.Fighter » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:34 am

Surfs up wrote:Would you prefer he pitch in the Central ? The Red Sox are really the only team in the east that has an excellent lineup? Maybe the BlueJays. the Yankees don't scare me. Good all around team but not loaded. The West has the Angels and the Mariners.Its not like he wil always face the good teams ace . Any pitcher worth having has to beat the good teams as well as the bad teams. Somethimes the bad teams are the teams that can hurt you the most.

Yanks lineup not loaded? wtf? Dude on a good year the Yanks have all-stars at every position..
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DeadWinterDay » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:32 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:

Yanks lineup not loaded? wtf? Dude on a good year the Yanks have all-stars at every position..

Arod, Jeter, Posada, Abreu, Matsui, Cano, Damon, Giambi....thats only 8 current/former all stars playing on a daily basis. Although Ensberg doesn't quite scare me ever since his 2005 season and I have rock hard evidence that at least 2 of the 9 mentioned are washed up. Plus they have to put Melky in there somewhere. So that leaves us with only (only) 6 SOLID all-star candidates. Plus, putting Arod in any lineup pre-September makes them a force to be reckoned with no matter what.

The Yanks O is only 2nd the Tigers in my eye, and at this point if you remove Giambi for Shelley I think it gets better.

I loved Shields at the beginning of last year, and this year I made it a point to get him in all 3 of my leagues. He's not a pushover, and he's only going to get better.
DeadWinterDay
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Field » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:37 pm

I'm not realy sure what more you could ask out of the guy especially when you consider that he has had 7 unearned runs scored on him. I think he was one of the safest bets heading in drafts this year in his tier. His K/BB ratio is fantastic, always a great indicator.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby urbanbreez » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:52 pm

"The Yanks O is only 2nd the Tigers in my eye..."

This use of sexual innuendo is disturbing....
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Surfs up » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:49 pm

I just think that Cano has come back to earth. He's a little overated in my mind. Damons best years are behind him. Giambi is hitting something like a buck twenty.Posanda had his career year. Age will catch up to him very soon. Don't get me wrong Yes the Yankees have a good team. But Loaded? Nope . Sorry I'm not convinced. I don't go by last years numbers.The Red Sox lead the league in scoring and in batting average. The Tigers will come around.
Anyway back to Shields. I like him and the the Rays.They'll score a bunch of runs. They are grwoing and gaining more confidence each game. No more doormat.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers