Unable to pickup Luke Hochevar in Yahoo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Unable to pickup Luke Hochevar in Yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Unable to pickup Luke Hochevar in Yahoo

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:23 pm

I commish a PLUS league on Yahoo. All season, the only player in the player pool who has not been available for pickup is Royals SP Luke Hochevar. Since it is a deep 16-team keeper, a guy like Hochevar is wanted.

I know why he is not listed. For some reason Yahoo has him listed only as a P in their player pool. He is the only SP or RP listed as a P. So I tested this out in a league I am in that uses the P spot. he can be obtained just fine. But if your league uses SP and RP only, you get......

This player is not valid in your league. (Error #178)

And what is more, the only way to find him in the listings is under "status changes".

I have emailed Yahoo numerous times and all I get back is some canned response that does not resolve the issue. I know what the problem is, but cannot get in contact with someone to get it fixed. Does anyone A) Have the same issue, and B) Know how to get it corrected to list LH as a SP/RP?

Thanks!
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Unable to pickup Luke Hochevar in Yahoo

Postby Magnus_CA » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:46 pm

Just keep trying Yahoo. They're responses are a slap in the face, like we're all retards or something. I'm sure they get they're fair share of stupid questions though.
Magnus_CA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Xtreemes » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:46 pm

I believe it is 3 starts or 5 relief appearances in order to qualify as a SP or RP. Since last year he pitched in the majors, but didn't pitch enough as a starter or reliever to qualify at either position he is just listed as a P. You'll just have to wait until he starts 3 games in order to get eligibility.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:19 pm

Xtreemes wrote:I believe it is 3 starts or 5 relief appearances in order to qualify as a SP or RP. Since last year he pitched in the majors, but didn't pitch enough as a starter or reliever to qualify at either position he is just listed as a P. You'll just have to wait until he starts 3 games in order to get eligibility.

Then how does someone who just got added to the database this week get SP status??
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:41 pm

Arrowhead Nation wrote:
Xtreemes wrote:I believe it is 3 starts or 5 relief appearances in order to qualify as a SP or RP. Since last year he pitched in the majors, but didn't pitch enough as a starter or reliever to qualify at either position he is just listed as a P. You'll just have to wait until he starts 3 games in order to get eligibility.

Then how does someone who just got added to the database this week get SP status??

That will be the case if the player started or relieved enough games last season to establish eligibility at one position or the other.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby Captain Furtah » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:57 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
Arrowhead Nation wrote:

That will be the case if the player started or relieved enough games last season to establish eligibility at one position or the other.

thats not true, look at guys like Cueto...they come right in listed as SP. Yahoo just messed up and listed Hochevar as a P (why they are not willing to fix it is beyond me)...
Bleachergm.blogspot.com
Captain Furtah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mbuser » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:03 am

Captain Furtah wrote:thats not true, look at guys like Cueto...they come right in listed as SP. Yahoo just messed up and listed Hochevar as a P (why they are not willing to fix it is beyond me)...

cueto didn't pitch in the majors in 2007. hochevar did, but didn't do it enough to earn SP (he had 1 start) or RP (he had 3 relief appearances) -- for that reason, his initial eligibility was essentially as a UTIL 'P' (the same story with dana eveland)
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby zevon » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:54 pm

Gallaraga is listed as a "P" as well presently.
You're the Commish, might want to rethink the whole SP/RP thing next season. :-)
zevon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Another Blown Save » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:58 pm

I really don't understand why SP/RP eligibility is such a difficult concept for some people
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Tigers1223 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:06 pm

yahoo sucks
Tigers1223
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers