Input for this team? Helping right after post.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Input for this team? Helping right after post..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Input for this team? Helping right after post..

Postby HBNYC » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:23 pm

Team: Nightmare Fuel
Record: 19-18-5, 8th place
League- 12 team Yahoo H2H, top 6 in playoffs, top 2 receive byes
Categories- R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS CS/ W, SV, K, Holds, ERA, WHIP, BSV

Optimal Lineup:

C A.J. Pierzynski (CWS - C)
1B Derrek Lee (ChC - 1B)
2B José López (Sea - 2B)
3B Mike Lowell (Bos - 3B)*
SS Derek Jeter (NYY - SS)
IF Casey Kotchman (LAA - 1B)
LF Pat Burrell (Phi - LF)
CF Hunter Pence (Hou - CF,RF)
RF Ken Griffey Jr. (Cin - RF)
OF Adam Dunn (Cin - LF)
Util Curtis Granderson (Det - CF)*
BN Kelly Johnson (Atl - 2B)
BN Evan Longoria (TB - 3B)
BN Mark DeRosa (ChC - 1B,2B,3B,LF,RF)
CUT Ángel Pagán (NYM - LF,CF,RF)**

SP Taylor Buchholz (Col - SP,RP)***
SP Jake Peavy (SD - SP)
SP Johan Santana (NYM - SP)
SP Shaun Marcum (Tor - SP,RP)
RP Mariano Rivera (NYY - RP)
RP Trevor Hoffman (SD - RP)
RP Matt Capps (Pit - RP)
P Joe Smith (NYM - RP)
CUT (in 2nd P slot, currently Carlos Silva (LAA - RP))****
BN John Maine (NYM - SP)
BN Johnny Cueto (CIN - SP)

*- Currently on DL
**- Will be cut to make room for DL'd player
***- Middle reliever with SP eligibility to get holds
****- streamed starter or MR, and will be cut to make room for DL'd player.

I think my bats are pretty good, and will be better when Granderson and Lowell return shortly, and my SPs are very good, led by Peavy and Santana. Right now I am trying to add a third very good arm with my reserves (and soon to be reserves) and John Maine or Marcum. Any other ideas, suggestions? Upgrade catcher? Closers?
HBNYC
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Input for this team? Helping right after post..

Postby RAmst23 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:23 pm

On your offense: As you already know, the odds of you winning the SB cat any week are really low.
Your offense is solid, but you have weaknesses at 3B, IF, and your OF could get messy. If Longoria comes through with a big year you'll be alright, but you might wanna try and find a buy low for UTIL, IF, or 3B.

Pitching: Obviously Peavy and Johan are solid, Rivera and Capps are fine too, but you have a huge drop-off from there. Cueto is nice to have, and he may be your 3rd starter if he can keep it up. Marcum is a huge question mark for the year, and the other guys may kill your ratios..
If nothing else, find pitchers that will help keep your WHIP and ERA down.. You have 2 studs in Peavy and Johan, use them to your advantage.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Input for this team? Helping right after post..

Postby HBNYC » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:54 pm

RAmst23 wrote:On your offense: As you already know, the odds of you winning the SB cat any week are really low.
Your offense is solid, but you have weaknesses at 3B, IF, and your OF could get messy. If Longoria comes through with a big year you'll be alright, but you might wanna try and find a buy low for UTIL, IF, or 3B.

Pitching: Obviously Peavy and Johan are solid, Rivera and Capps are fine too, but you have a huge drop-off from there. Cueto is nice to have, and he may be your 3rd starter if he can keep it up. Marcum is a huge question mark for the year, and the other guys may kill your ratios..
If nothing else, find pitchers that will help keep your WHIP and ERA down.. You have 2 studs in Peavy and Johan, use them to your advantage.

SBs- Well, I am hoping to counter losing this by winning the CS, category, but as last week showed I managed to lose SB (13-1) and tie CS (0-0), so I might try and get a little more speed, but I don't think its a priority.

3B- Not feeling Lowell this season?

Pitchers- I am actively seeking another SP, though I feel I already have the best 5 guys in the league (the problem is some guys have 7 or 8, forcing me to stream). And I'd like to upgrade Hoffman while his name still has value..

Thanks!
HBNYC
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team