Favorite BallPark - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Favorite BallPark

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Favorite BallPark

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:16 pm

Yoda wrote:Dodgers Stadium is the worst. Ever. It takes forever to get there, forever to park, forever to get to your seat. It's old, dirty and crowd is very rowdy. Not very family friendly and pretty disgusting. I'll probably never go there again.

I agree it's murder getting to Dodger Stadium, anywhere going into and out of Downtown at rush hour is massive gridlock. Parking is lousy unless you get to the ballpark relatively early (I plan to arrive 1 hour before first pitch) and if you have preferred parking so you can make a quicker exit down to Sunset (I get this when I'm invited to the box). But yes, it does take you a while to get seated if you're not in the suites where I find myself in usually. Old and dirty, well, I'm usually so low-maintenance that I don't notice. To be honest, I like a rowdy fan atmosphere, so no problems there. :-b

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:08 am

LuckyGehrig wrote about going to all of them.........

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/2006/tips_roadtrip.php

It's a good read if you've been to none like me :-C
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:38 am

Yoda wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:My favorite park, that I have visited, would be Safeco. I loved the layout of the stadium and the town itself is awesome. This was back in the day when they had Griffey and A-Rod too, who went back to back in the first inning. Great memories at Safeco. Miller Park and Minute Maid Park are second and third. ;-D

Didn't Arod and Jr play in the Kingdom?

Mine is probably Petco. It's brand new, clean and people are very calm. I'm used to going to Yankees Stadium my entire life so it's nice to enjoy a completely different environment. I will be sitting in the Skybox behind the plate tomorrow night and get beers served to me :-D

Dodgers Stadium is the worst. Ever. It takes forever to get there, forever to park, forever to get to your seat. It's old, dirty and crowd is very rowdy. Not very family friendly and pretty disgusting. I'll probably never go there again.

you're a relatively young guy. why wouldnt you want an excited, rowdy crowd? a calm crowd is a boring crowd in my eyes. (maybe its just that im from philly and we're the rowdiest crowd in the world.)

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:03 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Yoda wrote:Dodgers Stadium is the worst. Ever. It takes forever to get there, forever to park, forever to get to your seat. It's old, dirty and crowd is very rowdy. Not very family friendly and pretty disgusting. I'll probably never go there again.

I agree it's murder getting to Dodger Stadium, anywhere going into and out of Downtown at rush hour is massive gridlock. Parking is lousy unless you get to the ballpark relatively early (I plan to arrive 1 hour before first pitch) and if you have preferred parking so you can make a quicker exit down to Sunset (I get this when I'm invited to the box). But yes, it does take you a while to get seated if you're not in the suites where I find myself in usually. Old and dirty, well, I'm usually so low-maintenance that I don't notice. To be honest, I like a rowdy fan atmosphere, so no problems there. :-b

Especially since we drove up from San Diego. I think it took us 4 hours to get to the stadium. 1 1/2 hours to get there from 10 miles out. It was our first time there and we parked in the wrong lot. Had to take an elevator to get all the way down to field level from top of the stadium. I guess that was our own fault but still, it was not a pleasant experience. We had a guy sitting behind us who was very rowdy but hilarious. He was giving it to the Jays' players pretty good. Especially Marcum but he pitched a gem.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:05 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
Yoda wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:My favorite park, that I have visited, would be Safeco. I loved the layout of the stadium and the town itself is awesome. This was back in the day when they had Griffey and A-Rod too, who went back to back in the first inning. Great memories at Safeco. Miller Park and Minute Maid Park are second and third. ;-D

Didn't Arod and Jr play in the Kingdom?

Mine is probably Petco. It's brand new, clean and people are very calm. I'm used to going to Yankees Stadium my entire life so it's nice to enjoy a completely different environment. I will be sitting in the Skybox behind the plate tomorrow night and get beers served to me :-D

Dodgers Stadium is the worst. Ever. It takes forever to get there, forever to park, forever to get to your seat. It's old, dirty and crowd is very rowdy. Not very family friendly and pretty disgusting. I'll probably never go there again.

you're a relatively young guy. why wouldnt you want an excited, rowdy crowd? a calm crowd is a boring crowd in my eyes. (maybe its just that im from philly and we're the rowdiest crowd in the world.)

I like to just watch the game. I don't like distractions. I like the jumbo-tron games and other little sideshows going on during breaks but during the game I just sit there and watch the players.

I sat in the bleachers in Yankees Stadium once. I feared for my life. It was that bad.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby kev921 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:33 am

Yoda wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:Dodgers Stadium is the worst. Ever. It takes forever to get there, forever to park, forever to get to your seat. It's old, dirty and crowd is very rowdy. Not very family friendly and pretty disgusting. I'll probably never go there again.

No offense to the great baseball fans of the MN Twins, but the worst baseball park i've been to has to be the HHH Metrodome. While the crowd in LA may not be friendly, the ballpark environment beats the Metrodome. I've been to baseball games in other domed stadiums, and the metrodome lacks baseball excitement (and it wasn't the teams on the field, the Yankees can generate excitement whereever they go.)

Can't wait to drive up I-35 to see that new stadium in the Twin Cities once it is open!
Some people take smoke breaks. I choose to take fantasy baseball breaks!
kev921
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers