Favorite BallPark - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Favorite BallPark

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Favorite BallPark

Postby kev921 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:54 am

Okay, not including your home ballpark. What is your most favorite/memorable ball park (major league) that you have visited.

My home park is Kauffman Stadium (still one of the best).

My favorite existing park I've visited has to be Fenway (though it can be called old school). Walked in as the gates opened walked around to Pensky Pole and reached over the fence to touch the field (where else can you do that?) and of course GMonster before the seats were up on top.

My favorite park not used today would be Tiger Stadium (Old Comisky was cool but not as special). I sat in the lower level on 1st base side and keep looking up at the lights in RF thinking of Reggie's All Star blast.

Love to hear your memories
Some people take smoke breaks. I choose to take fantasy baseball breaks!
kev921
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Favorite BallPark

Postby trey3kt » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:40 pm

me and my buddies drive to diff ball parks every year over the summer, and I have been to every ball park on the east coast, so I can not comment on the parks in the midwest and the west. Im a New Yorker and there is no doubt that Yankee Stadium and Fenway are awesome beacause they are historic, ut by far the nicest ball park I have been to is PNC in Pittsburg. I dont care if the pirates are terrible or not, if i livedaround there I would be at that ball park all the time
trey3kt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby WyldStallyn » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:03 pm

im a big fan of Clipper Magazine Stadium, home of my local boys, the Lancaster Barnstormers ;-D

i havent been to many major league parks, but am scheduled to hit up citizens bank soon (which is a nice one) and nationals park hopefully in a month or 2. fenway is awesome, but rough on the lower body (and wallet)
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby ndkarp » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:09 pm

AT&T park is beautiful, in the best location of any park in the majors.

Met's minor league park in coney island is pretty cool too.
ndkarp
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Matthias » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:25 pm

I haven't been to many but barring Fenway, as a Sox fan, I would say SafeCo in Seattle.

Although another vote for the Mets minor park (Keyspan) in Coney Island; unless you're sitting in pimp corporate seats in Yankee Stadium or Shea, watching the Cyclones play in Keyspan is the best baseball experience in NYC.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:38 pm

Fenway is my home park, and as historic as it is, I wish they would build a new stadium on the harbor. It's probably fine as a visitor to see a game or two, but it really sucks sitting in wooden seats that are way too small, width wise and leg room wise, that face the wrong way. And that's only if you have some good connections to get tickets in the first place. Of course I'm exaggerating a little, but after going to so many other stadiums the situation there is really pathetic.

As for my favorite, it would probably have to be Citizen's Bank Park in Philly. I love the location being right next to the other big sports arenas, the huge parking lots, and 5 lane streets around it. Very easy to get in and out of. As for the park itself, I guess there wasn't anything that special that other new stadiums don't have, but I really liked it. ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Brandaddy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:41 pm

I like them all. My home park is Chase Field (BOB) and it is by far my favorite. Other ones I have been to that I like are Miller Park, Pet Co, and Coors Field. I havent really been to any east of Chicago/Milwaukee. But those are my faves
I love my Diamondbacks!
Brandaddy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BlueBandit24 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:45 pm

My favorite park, that I have visited, would be Safeco. I loved the layout of the stadium and the town itself is awesome. This was back in the day when they had Griffey and A-Rod too, who went back to back in the first inning. Great memories at Safeco. Miller Park and Minute Maid Park are second and third. ;-D

Kudos to GiantsFan14 for the sig.
BlueBandit24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kev921 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:49 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Fenway is my home park, and as historic as it is, I wish they would build a new stadium on the harbor. It's probably fine as a visitor to see a game or two, but it really sucks sitting in wooden seats that are way too small, width wise and leg room wise, that face the wrong way. And that's only if you have some good connections to get tickets in the first place. Of course I'm exaggerating a little, but after going to so many other stadiums the situation there is really pathetic.

As for my favorite, it would probably have to be Citizen's Bank Park in Philly. I love the location being right next to the other big sports arenas, the huge parking lots, and 5 lane streets around it. Very easy to get in and out of. As for the park itself, I guess there wasn't anything that special that other new stadiums don't have, but I really liked it. ;-D

You bring back the memory of no leg room all to clearly. As you describe Philly, you'd love the set up in Kansas City. With the renovations coming this and next year it will be around for many more years to come.
Some people take smoke breaks. I choose to take fantasy baseball breaks!
kev921
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:53 pm

Of course, I'll be positively biased towards the Ravine, Dodger Stadium. It's one of the iconic landmarks in the city and has to be such in the baseball world as well. It has a 60's space-age architecture about itself especially with the funky looking solar panels hovering on top of the outfield bleachers. For a 46 year-old stadium, it still looks brand new, especially with the recent renovations, and there's a fantastic view of the hills out in Elysian Park with the San Gabriel mountains way back in the backdrop. It's kind of cliche, but the sunset over Chavez Ravine is something to see.

As far as other parks go, I like AT&T Park and Petco Park a great deal. The funky quirks of each park are what makes them stand out (i.e. McCovey Cove, Western Metal Supply building). I've been to games at Wrigley and at US Cellular Field when it first opened as the New Comiskey and even though I didn't appreciate it back then, I like the neighborhood yard feeling of Wrigley.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers