Gary Sheffield - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Gary Sheffield

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Gary Sheffield

Postby DaShiz23 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:32 pm

dropped jose guillen for him, he can sit on my bench for awhile.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hickdubious » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:17 am

Any new info about Sheffield?
hickdubious
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:12 am

hickdubious wrote:Any new info about Sheffield?

last i heard he might play today...nothing official yet though

as a Tigers fan i am expecting the worst though, cortisone shots in both shoulders :-o he's done
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mkultra » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:07 am

Detroit News wrote:Another shot for Gary Sheffield . Make that two injections of cortisone in his sore right shoulder this week and one in his left as he tries to return to the lineup.
Sheffield's absence grew to five games. But he hopes the second shot he received Wednesday night will clear the way for his return against the Angels this weekend.
But he's not sure yet that it will.
"I don't know what it's going to do," Sheffield said. "I don't know how damaged my shoulder is. When I got the shot in that area last year, my shoulder wasn't in the type of situation that it is now.
"At that point, it was for maintenance. I had a little tendinitis. It knocked it right out. This is after surgery. I need to find out why it's pinching in that area. That's what I want to know."
"Am I wasting my time trying to play? That's another thing. Once again, I have decisions to make. I'm not going to put myself through ... like the past. I'm not going to do it. I don't need to play. It's just a matter of having an opportunity to win again."

source
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby Siddo4ty4 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:39 pm

Im not too worried yet. Its ONLY the beginning of the season!!! He will make those that dropped him too early pay.

He is too good and in too good of a line-up to even think about dropping. In the games he has played he has 2 steals! so the juice is still there.

Unless your team is hurting bad I would hold on to him. You wont get anything out of trades but he will surprise you when he comes back/

- Sid
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=340194
Siddo4ty4
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:07 pm

Siddo4ty4 wrote:Im not too worried yet. Its ONLY the beginning of the season!!! He will make those that dropped him too early pay.

He is too good and in too good of a line-up to even think about dropping. In the games he has played he has 2 steals! so the juice is still there.

Unless your team is hurting bad I would hold on to him. You wont get anything out of trades but he will surprise you when he comes back/

- Sid
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=340194

cortisone shots in both shoulders and 2 in one of them in 2 days is plenty of reason to worry...he was terrible last year after the injury and i'm not sure the surgery helped (or recovery time wasnt long enough).

if you have deep benches i wouldnt drop him yet, but i can see him struggling for a month with numbers like he posted last august and then calling it a career.
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mde » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:02 pm

Gary Sheffield is back in the starting lineup as a designated hitter on Friday.
Sheffield returns just two days after getting a second cortisone shot in his right shoulder.

Rotoworld reporting that Shef's back in the lineup tonight. ;-D
mde
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Siddo4ty4 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:23 pm

mde wrote:
Gary Sheffield is back in the starting lineup as a designated hitter on Friday.
Sheffield returns just two days after getting a second cortisone shot in his right shoulder.

Rotoworld reporting that Shef's back in the lineup tonight. ;-D

Sweet ;)

Though he wont give you power numbers off the injury he will provide you with ample RBI's. I'de stick him on the bench until he warms up again.

ALSO, you guys know how hard it is for a long-timer to retire? Just asks all the players over 40 that are still playing. Bonds should call it quits but he still wants to play! Now think about that before you think sheff will retire. Too much money on too good of a team.

Not retiring this year unless he hurts himself BAD.
Siddo4ty4
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates