Edwin Encarnacion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Edwin Encarnacion

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Edwin Encarnacion

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:17 pm

Apr 23 3B Edwin Encarnacion was at third base in Great American Ball Park at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, nearly five hours before the game with the Los Angeles Dodgers. He was taking ground balls -- a lot of them. And he wasn't ordered to do it because of his league-leading six errors. Encarnacion initiated the extra work on his own. "I'm trying," he said. "I'm trying hard to get better. I'm going to work and keep working. I'm trying some different things with my footwork. I'm going to do it (today), too, only I'll work on my throws."

The guy is trying. ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stumpak » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:59 pm

EE reminds a bit of Adrian Beltre: a guy who has the tools to really put it together but for whatever reason does so only in fits and spurts. I would not be surprised to see him turn in a monster year or two (such as .290/30) in the future but still dissapoint more seasons than not.

This is his third MLB season, and it is a little worrying to read stuff about mental lapses like he is some kid straight up from AA. Dusty is also not the best person for him, and I would not be shocked to see EE marginalized at some point this season and ultimately traded, which might be a good thing based on the need for a change of scenery.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hoya1982 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:48 pm

stumpak wrote:EE reminds a bit of Adrian Beltre: a guy who has the tools to really put it together but for whatever reason does so only in fits and spurts. I would not be surprised to see him turn in a monster year or two (such as .290/30) in the future but still dissapoint more seasons than not.

This is his third MLB season, and it is a little worrying to read stuff about mental lapses like he is some kid straight up from AA. Dusty is also not the best person for him, and I would not be shocked to see EE marginalized at some point this season and ultimately traded, which might be a good thing based on the need for a change of scenery.

Trade would be a terrible thing for fantasy owners considering he now plays in the 2nd best home run park in MLB.
hoya1982
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby anti elian » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:05 pm

Another HR tonight. He's legit, but that won't stop me from trying to sell high.
anti elian
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers