Edwin Encarnacion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Edwin Encarnacion

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Edwin Encarnacion

Postby stumpak » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:59 pm

EE reminds a bit of Adrian Beltre: a guy who has the tools to really put it together but for whatever reason does so only in fits and spurts. I would not be surprised to see him turn in a monster year or two (such as .290/30) in the future but still dissapoint more seasons than not.

This is his third MLB season, and it is a little worrying to read stuff about mental lapses like he is some kid straight up from AA. Dusty is also not the best person for him, and I would not be shocked to see EE marginalized at some point this season and ultimately traded, which might be a good thing based on the need for a change of scenery.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hoya1982 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:48 pm

stumpak wrote:EE reminds a bit of Adrian Beltre: a guy who has the tools to really put it together but for whatever reason does so only in fits and spurts. I would not be surprised to see him turn in a monster year or two (such as .290/30) in the future but still dissapoint more seasons than not.

This is his third MLB season, and it is a little worrying to read stuff about mental lapses like he is some kid straight up from AA. Dusty is also not the best person for him, and I would not be shocked to see EE marginalized at some point this season and ultimately traded, which might be a good thing based on the need for a change of scenery.

Trade would be a terrible thing for fantasy owners considering he now plays in the 2nd best home run park in MLB.
hoya1982
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby anti elian » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:05 pm

Another HR tonight. He's legit, but that won't stop me from trying to sell high.
anti elian
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers