Which Flavors of the week do you buy into? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Which Flavors of the week do you buy into?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Which Flavors of the week do you buy into?

Postby Amazing Oopah » Sat May 03, 2008 3:50 pm

the new flavor of the week will definitely be Jose Bautista... Just having a monster weekend so far and a pretty good last week overall, plus with dual 3b/of eligibilities he going to start going off the FA list.
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Sat May 03, 2008 7:38 pm

Amazing Oopah wrote:the new flavor of the week will definitely be Jose Bautista... Just having a monster weekend so far and a pretty good last week overall, plus with dual 3b/of eligibilities he going to start going off the FA list.

I was very high on him last year and owned him in several leagues for stretches last season. He fell off my radar this year but its nice to see him stepping up.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 354)

Postby dragoon » Sat May 03, 2008 8:25 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Doughhead wrote:I'd be curious to hear some thoughts on Ryan Church. He's shown flashes before, but I don't think he's ever been more fantasy relevant than he is right now. Hitting second in the Mets' potent lineup, he should see lots of good pitches and run/RBI opportunities. Can he keep up his torid pace and have a true breakout season in 2008?

The Mets are something like 7 - 0 with Church in the 2-hole, so hopefully Willie stops tinkering and just leaves him there. Batting between Reyes and Wright, Church should see quite a few pitches to hit, and I think something to the effect of .282, 17 HR, 90 R, 72 RBI, 4 SB isn't out of the question, if he's batting 2nd all season and healthy.

That's not a bad prediction at all, but I think he can surpass those numbers a little. I'd go .285/22 HR/95 R/77 RBI

He hit 15 home runs and 43 doubles last year at RFK, which seems to me like some of those doubles in the gaps would turn into home runs even at Shea. With Wright and Beltran behind him he should see better pitches and I really don't think that 22 home runs is out of reach. He is on pace for about 25 now and I see no reason why he won't keep that up. .285 seems high too but he batted .287 in 2005 and was a .292 career hitter. The runs and RBI should be relatively easy to reach as long as he stays healthy and the guys around him do their jobs.

OF is so deep this year though that I wouldn't even touch him if he was a free agent in my 12 teamer.
dragoon
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers