rate: 10-team yahoo h2h, whir (if i can heh) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

rate: 10-team yahoo h2h, whir (if i can heh)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

rate: 10-team yahoo h2h, whir (if i can heh)

Postby kraken6100 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:17 pm

This is the first year I'm succumbing to friends and actually doing fantasy baseball. Things are going well so far, but I'm having a hard time coming across wins and saves from my pitchers (other than lincecum), the power numbers are good, the average is low, and I'm wondering if there is a way to perhaps trade Soriano or someone hot like Bourn or Mike Jacobs to maybe fill in one of the needs. I know I have a problem with complacency, and I'm looking for moves all the time, but I'm not experienced enough to be able to pull the trigger everytime, and I've lost a few decent players because of it. I burned my good waiver spot on Cueto, but have worked my way back up to 5th... Currently the team is (and has mostly been):

C- Pierzynski (CHW)
1B - Berkman (HOU)
2B - B. Roberts (BAL)
SS - Reyes (NYM)
3B - C. Jones (ATL)
OF - Magglio (DET) (acquired in a trade for B. Abreu [NYY] after the first week)
OF - E. Byrnes (ARI)
OF - M. Bourn (HOU) (picked up just last week after he cleared waivers)
Util - Keppinger (CIN)
B - M. Jacobs (FLA)
B - Beltran (NYM)
DL - Soriano (CHC)

SP - Cueto (CIN)
SP - Lincecum (SF)
RP - T. Saito (LAD)
RP - T. Hoffman (SD)
P - McGowan (TOR)
P - Dempster (CHC)
P - Shields (TB)
P - Penny (LAD)
P - B.J. Ryan (TOR)
P - Okajima (BOS)
DL - K. Escobar (LAA)

Thanks for the help all, and if I have any insight of my own, obviously I'd love to try to help in response. Hopefully I'll get much more comfortable with this real soon.
Last edited by kraken6100 on Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
kraken6100 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: rate: 10-team yahoo h2h, whir (if i can heh)

Postby kraken6100 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:37 am

bump... I feel comfortable helping others and feel like I can give decent input, but it's hard to step back and look at my OWN team in the same light... and like I said things have gone pretty well so far... but my being new also kind of hurts me because I'm not confident in my ability to assess it and make trades pro-actively for myself. Will help out in response, of course.
kraken6100 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Gamdizzle » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:47 am

You have a decent team.

I think that you should have beltran in that line up over Kepp. I love Kepp but he's not more valuable than Beltran. Beltran hits in a better line up too. Keep Kepp though on your bench, you'll be solid too in the OF when Soriano comes back. You might want to move Bourn if you can while he is high. I would move him for someone like Jacoby who will give you similar numbers but with more pop and he's not as highly ranked right now. Also your pitching can use some work. This is where you want to try to get someone to bite high on jacobs and trade him for a quality starter.I really don't believe Escobar is going to come back and be a factor this year so right now I think you can use your DL spot on something better throughout the season. Dempster is going to be Ok, but might be a liability this year. I would try to trade a package of mcgowan and dempster and jacobs for like an Oliver Perez, or better if someone wants to overbuy. Don't trade Soriano unless you are getting something like josh beckett in return.
Jonathan Papelbon: When I'm out there pitching, it's not Jonathan Papelbon pitching, it's Cinco Ocho pitching. I get a little revved up some times, and Cinco Ocho doesn't know how to control himself when he's out there.
Gamdizzle
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby kraken6100 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:44 pm

Yea, Beltran has just been slumping lately, and I don't know what it is, so I'm letting him get his head together. Thanks for the help. Will take all of those scenarios into consideration.
kraken6100 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby yankees1088 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:47 am

Your problem with your pitching is that you have good pitchers on bad teams like Lincecum, Cueto, Shields, and even someone like Penny. Your offense isn't to bad, and I would look at moving a guy like Jacobs or Bourn while they are hot. If you don't like Beltran then maybe move him for a guy like Wang who will get you a lot of wins with a decently low ERA. With Bourn or Jacobs maybe you can swing a deal for a decent closer like Sherrill from Baltimore or Todd Jones from Detroit. Overall just wait until Soriano gets back because that will definitely boost your offense.

check out my team
viewtopic.php?t=337408
yankees1088
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team