Is Hank Steinbrenner an idiot? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Is Hank Steinbrenner an idiot?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Hank Steinbrenner an idiot?

Postby Russell James » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:22 pm

I think this topic goes here. I'm sorry if I posted it in the wrong forum.

Seriously, is Hank an idiot? I hear this guy ranting and raving about Joba needing to start RIGHT NOW and calling those who think differently "idiots".

He believes there is no such thing as "Red Sox Nation"

He is ugly

He obviously does not appreciate what Cashman has done with that farm system. He really doesn't appreciate anything that Cashman has done.

I really think the guy is a complete idiot. I am a Red Sox fan so that does make me biased, but I think most people can see how stupid this guy is. I have tremendous respect for Cashman and Girardi. If Hank can be patient enough with both of them, then the Yankees will be a great team for years. But I don't think this idiot will be patient and I believe that he is going to make the Yankees a mockery of an organization.

I think this guy has a mental problem. That, or else he is missing some DNA. The more I hear this guy talk the better I feel about the Red Sox future.
Russell James
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 352
Joined: 6 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Hank Steinbrenner an idiot?

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:29 pm

It doesn't matter what he does, New York sports fans have seen the bottom of the barrel already with the Knicks and James Dolan so he can't be nearly as much of an idiot by comparison.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6579
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Hank Steinbrenner an idiot?

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:32 pm

You do know he's George Steinbrenner's son, don't you?
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11944
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Hank Steinbrenner an idiot?

Postby Russell James » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:55 pm

Now that the Knicks no longer have Zeke, they should return to being competitive.

Yeah I know George was an idiot as well, but baseball was different when he was in control. He was able to outspend everyone for the best free agents. Farm systems seem to have significant importance and great farm systems have helped the Twins, A's and Indians stay competitive even though they are small market clubs. It has been hard to find great starting pitching in free agency since teams will just deal their Ace for great prospects.
Russell James
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 352
Joined: 6 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Hank Steinbrenner an idiot?

Postby noseeum » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:05 pm

Russell James wrote:Now that the Knicks no longer have Zeke, they should return to being competitive.

Yeah I know George was an idiot as well, but baseball was different when he was in control. He was able to outspend everyone for the best free agents. Farm systems seem to have significant importance and great farm systems have helped the Twins, A's and Indians stay competitive even though they are small market clubs. It has been hard to find great starting pitching in free agency since teams will just deal their Ace for great prospects.


You can call George Steinbrenner many things, but you cannot call him an idiot.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1697
Joined: 1 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Hank Steinbrenner an idiot?

Postby redjake » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:14 pm

So, what's the deal w/ Steinbrenner saying that Joba is going to start "now" and that only "an idiot" would keep him in the pen - and Cashman coming out saying that's not going to happen "in the near future".

Is this some sort of power struggle? Or was it just time for the next dramatic episode in NY?
redjake
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 286
Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: TX

Re: Is Hank Steinbrenner an idiot?

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:15 pm

redjake wrote:So, what's the deal w/ Steinbrenner saying that Joba is going to start "now" and that only "an idiot" would keep him in the pen - and Cashman coming out saying that's not going to happen "in the near future".

Is this some sort of power struggle? Or was it just time for the next dramatic episode in NY?


Cashman said that today?
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6579
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Hank Steinbrenner an idiot?

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:16 pm

He is ugly


This is always a good way of judging someone's intelligence.
Image

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3540
(Past Year: 135)
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Is Hank Steinbrenner an idiot?

Postby Yoda » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:19 pm

This thread should be locked up. Red Sox fanboi rant against the owner of the rival team is not going to end up pretty.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Is Hank Steinbrenner an idiot?

Postby redjake » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:22 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
redjake wrote:So, what's the deal w/ Steinbrenner saying that Joba is going to start "now" and that only "an idiot" would keep him in the pen - and Cashman coming out saying that's not going to happen "in the near future".

Is this some sort of power struggle? Or was it just time for the next dramatic episode in NY?


Cashman said that today?


Joba Chamberlain-R- Yankees Apr. 21 - 12:58 pm et


Yankees GM Brian Cashman said the team is not planning on moving Joba Chamberlain into the starting rotation in the near future.

Yankees co-chairman Hank Steinbrenner said Sunday that only "an idiot" would keep Chamberlain as a setup guy. Cashman, meanwhile, probably realizes that Chamberlain pitched just over 112 innings last season, and increasing that number significantly would make the budding star a prime candidate for an injury. If Chamberlain is moved into the starting rotation, it probably won't happen until around midseason.
Source: Newsday
redjake
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 286
Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: TX

Next

Return to New York Yankees

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Apr. 17
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Atlanta at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Cleveland at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(1:10 pm)
Seattle at Texas
(2:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(3:45 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(6:40 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(7:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(8:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact