Hank wants Joba in the rotation NOW.. (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hank wants Joba in the rotation NOW.. (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Hank wants Joba in the rotation NOW.. (Merged)

Postby jfg » Sun May 04, 2008 3:22 pm

Who's taking over for Kennedy?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby neoforce » Sun May 04, 2008 4:31 pm

jfg wrote:Who's taking over for Kennedy?

They don't need a starter until May 10th. Yankee brass has been noncommittal, but it sounds like Igawa will get another shot to really stink it up in the big leagues. Have you seen how Igawa is burning up in AAA? 32.2 IP, 28 H, 8W, 3.58 ERA. Those are great numbers!! Well, they would be if he could do that in the majors. %-6 And if pigs could fly he will last more than one starts in the majors.

I think the Yankee brass hopes Kennedy can get his confidence back with two starts in the minors. He pitches there Tuesday and then on 5/11. And could then slot back in the majors, meaning they only need Igawa (or whoever) for just one start.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jfg » Sun May 04, 2008 5:04 pm

Those Igawa numbers aren't that good. Translate that to major league hitting and he'd probably be giving up more than a hit an inning and have an ERA in the mid-high 4's especially in the AL East.

I'm thinking that Igawa will look terrible and it will be on Kennedy's shoulders to work it out in AAA. If he struggles in the minors Hank might get his way.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 84)

Postby jswede » Sun May 04, 2008 5:23 pm

neoforce wrote:Have you seen how Igawa is burning up in AAA? 32.2 IP, 28 H, 8W, 3.58 ERA. Those are great numbers!! Well, they would be if he could do that in the majors.

8 Wins would indeed be impressive -- you are saying 8 BBs, and though impressive, slightly less so.
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby neoforce » Sun May 04, 2008 5:45 pm

jfg wrote:Those Igawa numbers aren't that good. Translate that to major league hitting and he'd probably be giving up more than a hit an inning and have an ERA in the mid-high 4's especially in the AL East.

Umm... I wasn't serious. If he does get a start, I suspect he won't last 5 innings and will give up 5+ runs. As a Yankee fan I hope somehow he does something halfway reasonable. But I know he stinks.

jswede wrote:
neoforce wrote:Have you seen how Igawa is burning up in AAA? 32.2 IP, 28 H, 8W, 3.58 ERA. Those are great numbers!! Well, they would be if he could do that in the majors.

8 Wins would indeed be impressive -- you are saying 8 BBs, and though impressive, slightly less so.

Yeah, I meant walks. Don't know where my head was with W instead of BB.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby KCollins1304 » Sun May 04, 2008 6:25 pm

jfg wrote:Those Igawa numbers aren't that good. Translate that to major league hitting and he'd probably be giving up more than a hit an inning and have an ERA in the mid-high 4's especially in the AL East.

I'm thinking that Igawa will look terrible and it will be on Kennedy's shoulders to work it out in AAA. If he struggles in the minors Hank might get his way.

If Igawa could keep his ERA in the high 4's he would have trouble losing the spot at this point. :-°
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby colt4523 » Sun May 04, 2008 7:27 pm

Igawa, money well spent. I want to know who scouted him and thought his arm would translate well in the pros...come on !+)
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers