100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tim Lincecum??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Tim Lincecum??

Postby Sea Dog Fan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:32 pm

Ender wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Ender wrote:I dunno, anyone who faces the padres a lot is going to put up good stats. I think Lincecum is good but lets see him face some real teams(no the Cardinals dont' really count either) before we start handing him a Cy Young or anything.

I don't think anyone is handing him the Cy although with his current W pace he is well headed towards that way.

You never gave Lincecum any credit and you continue to diss him. He will have control issues from time to time but overall, excellent starts will outweigh poor starts.

What do you mean I never gave him any credit? I've never said a bad thing about him as far as I know. I just like Gallardo more than him for this year(and for last). The only young pitcher I have dissed is Bailey who I think is going to be a bust.

I agree Homer Bailey is the most overrated prospect in baseball. I actually like Lincecum over Gallardo this year, I'm not sure about the future. I've seen both pitch and they have very similar mechanics.
Sea Dog Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:34 pm

i dunno, take homer out of GAB and put him in NL west and have him pitch against giants, padres, and dodgers offense and he might be a decent pitcher.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Sea Dog Fan » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:12 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:i dunno, take homer out of GAB and put him in NL west and have him pitch against giants, padres, and dodgers offense and he might be a decent pitcher.

He's got great stuff, but his command is pretty poor.
Sea Dog Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers