Kershaw and Price Call up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Kershaw and Price Call up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kershaw and Price Call up

Postby Russell James » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:02 pm

Anyone have an idea when these guys will be called up?

I have heard many different things about Clayton Kershaw. Some have said that he will get a Mid-May call up or he will be down the entire year.

David Price is another one. I know he has had some injury problems this year, but any idea when this guy will get called up?

I think both of these guys are going to be absolute studs and would love to pick them off of waivers in one of the leagues that I am in. So any ideas?
Russell James
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Kershaw and Price Call up

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:43 pm

Russell James wrote:Anyone have an idea when these guys will be called up?

I have heard many different things about Clayton Kershaw. Some have said that he will get a Mid-May call up or he will be down the entire year.

David Price is another one. I know he has had some injury problems this year, but any idea when this guy will get called up?

I think both of these guys are going to be absolute studs and would love to pick them off of waivers in one of the leagues that I am in. So any ideas?

Price threw in a BP session two days ago and he said he was fine, but with that said it is almost May and he has not thrown in a live MiLB game yet, so I don't think he will be up this year
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jwhands » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:10 am

I doubt Price will be up this year. Tampa seems to take their time with their pitching prospects, so don't get your hopes up. I'm sure Kershaw will get a closer look once the Dodgers are out of it, so be ready to see him get the call later this year.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:23 pm

Price has a very small chance of getting called up but I still think that there is a chance if he is aboslutely dominant.

Kershaw I am expecting by mid June.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:54 pm

Yoda wrote:Price has a very small chance of getting called up but I still think that there is a chance if he is aboslutely dominant.

Kershaw I am expecting by mid June.

Agreed on both predictions. Price could be up in September but he's not on my '08 radar. Kershaw will get more than a cup of coffee.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Montana168 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:34 pm

i think kershaw might be up earlier than expected. i'm not sure what torre is trying to do with his 5th starter spot but he's been starting kuo for 3 innings then loiaza is coming in relief for 3 innings. not sure why he is doing this and it is clearly not working since this strategy also eats into the BP. i think loiaza could end up as a permanent move to the BP and kershaw would be brought up. at this rate...i wouldn't be surprised at all to see him by mid-may.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ataraxia » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:50 am

Price probably won't be a factor for this season; in the event that he gets called up at all, it'll be around late-August or September.

Kershaw, on the other hand... ;-D
Absolute thanks to soty for the sig.
ataraxia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby siQ_innovation » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:34 pm

Yeah, I don't see Price getting called up this year. It seems like the Rays would bring up McGee before Price. As for Kershaw, I think the Dodgers need him now, but they're going to give him some more time. I'm thinking a Late-May to Mid-June call-up.

Props to RyanK for the Sig.
siQ_innovation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:41 pm

siQ_innovation wrote:Yeah, I don't see Price getting called up this year. It seems like the Rays would bring up McGee before Price. As for Kershaw, I think the Dodgers need him now, but they're going to give him some more time. I'm thinking a Late-May to Mid-June call-up.

If Price comes back healthy within the next month he will def be called up before McGee
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby siQ_innovation » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:13 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
siQ_innovation wrote:Yeah, I don't see Price getting called up this year. It seems like the Rays would bring up McGee before Price. As for Kershaw, I think the Dodgers need him now, but they're going to give him some more time. I'm thinking a Late-May to Mid-June call-up.

If Price comes back healthy within the next month he will def be called up before McGee

Hah, well if that's the case, I hope Price does get healthy within the next month. I dig the Rays and I feel the Price is right.

Props to RyanK for the Sig.
siQ_innovation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball