gagne replacement? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

gagne replacement?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: gagne replacement?

Postby beagle » Sat May 10, 2008 7:23 pm

RIP... join Isring as old guys who shoulda retired.
beagle
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bAsKeTcAsE86 » Sat May 10, 2008 8:24 pm

[quote="

And the Brewers also have 10 million reasons not to move Gagne out... He'll have to be injured to get demoted[/quote]

I'd give Eric Gagne 10 million dollars NOT to play for my team...

Consider how many games this guy has blown for the Brew Crew this year...I don't care how much I'm paying a player--if I'm a manager, I'm smart enough to realize that a league average pitcher can probably give me a better WHIP, ERA and Save percentage than GAGne and dump him and take the money hit...especially if his recent track record (read: half season with Red Sox in which he became the last guy out of the pen by the end of the year) indicates that his skills are rapidly declining...either that, or I would start supplying him with some more HGH and hope for the best...
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." ~Edgar Allen Poe
bAsKeTcAsE86
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Spectrum » Sat May 10, 2008 9:27 pm

I gotta think Torres would be the best shot at replacing Gagne. But, I don't know that Gagne's going to get yanked anytime soon.

Basically the only reason I go with Torres, is because I've seen Mota in Cleveland, and I'd rather have Gagne than him out there.
Spectrum
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pochucker » Sat May 10, 2008 9:50 pm

Heres blurb from Rotoworld

Eric Gagne-R- Brewers May. 10 - 8:58 pm et

After taking the loss on Saturday, Eric Gagne said he didn't think he should still be the Brewers' closer.

"I don’t deserve that ninth inning right now. It’s pretty simple," Gagne said. Manager Ned Yost, as wishy-washy as usual, wasn't willing to comment on Gagne's status after the game. Gagne has blown five saves, but he didn't add to that total today after giving up two runs in a tie game. Guillermo Mota would appear to be the best bet for saves if Gagne is pulled from the closer's role, though it's possible he'd be used in a committee with Salomon Torres and Brian Shouse. David Riske is also pitching better lately.
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby powenM » Sun May 11, 2008 7:04 am

Yeah i believe theyll go with the BBC too(With Riske getting first opportunity). I guy to keep your eye on though is Mitch Stetter - he can throw strikes & has really cut down on his walks over the past few years
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheIceman » Sun May 11, 2008 12:33 pm

They're saying either Torres or Mota right now
TheIceman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PavanoAllstars » Sun May 11, 2008 1:22 pm

BBC is the worst... gotta go with Torres over Mota though... I still think they try to get Gagne back in there, IF he ever is demoted... so much money...
For every Brett Myers there's a Nate McLouth...
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RenPastana » Sun May 11, 2008 2:17 pm

Per rotoworld:

The Brewers have removed Eric Gagne from the closer's role for now, though manager Ned Yost didn't name a replacement.
Guillermo Mota looks like the favorite for saves for us, but Salomon Torres is also worth grabbing in NL-only leagues. Gagne is expected to get a chance to win back the job if he turns it around. "He probably needs a little bit of a mental break," Yost said. "He's really pushing himself really hard and taking it really, really hard. We'll probably just mix and match." May. 11 - 12:53 pm et
Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

NOW! anyone with insight to brew baseball know who the closer is gonna be? I need to know this quickly, all of my leagues are highly competitive and I already lost R.Franklin yest. sooo who gets the ball in the 9th for the Brewers?
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RenPastana » Sun May 11, 2008 2:35 pm

Alright...too late...Mota was already picked up in a few of my leagues, however Im going to take a chance with Torres since he has converted 24 saves in the past 2 years with Pirates. Also, Mota has very little experience closing games. His last save was in 2005!!! I hope im right!
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby gatorgreenwell » Sun May 11, 2008 4:29 pm

Well, Riske is on in the 8th with a three run lead, so at this point he does not appear to be the closer.
gatorgreenwell
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates