gagne replacement? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

gagne replacement?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

gagne replacement?

Postby jdip5 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:44 pm

gagne continues to blow saves for MIL...who and how long till some1 takes over... im thinkin torres after gagne blows about 2 more....
jdip5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: gagne replacement?

Postby TheDooner64 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:35 pm

I guess Torres could replace him, but he hasn't pitched too well either. Plus they paid so much money for Gagne, he must have a long leash.
TheDooner64
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hwiggen » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:07 pm

The Brewers really screwed up with the Gagne deal. The closer they need is not on their team right now--unless they're able to convert a starter to closer a la Adam Wainright.
hwiggen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TomG » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:19 pm

Turnbough may be ready for a return to the closer's role if Gagne keeps screwing the pooch.
TomG
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby salty_tapioca_balls » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:58 pm

I don't know, I own Turnblow and I think he's pitched once in the last two weeks.
salty_tapioca_balls
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Merlin401 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:24 am

TomG wrote:Turnbough may be ready for a return to the closer's role if Gagne keeps screwing the pooch.

This one wasn't Gagne's fault really though. You can't really ask a guy to convert a save 4 straight days (3 against the same team). No kidding he's going to get touched up the 4th time around.
Merlin401
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wildbill » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:39 am

Merlin401 wrote:
TomG wrote:Turnbough may be ready for a return to the closer's role if Gagne keeps screwing the pooch.

This one wasn't Gagne's fault really though. You can't really ask a guy to convert a save 4 straight days (3 against the same team). No kidding he's going to get touched up the 4th time around.

Didn't Francisco Cordero pitch 5 consecutive days for the Brewers last year. I'm pretty sure he did. I think he was effective in all of them too. Ned Yost probably isn't familiar with the concept of "a day off".
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Merlin401 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:39 am

wildbill wrote:
Merlin401 wrote:

Didn't Francisco Cordero pitch 5 consecutive days for the Brewers last year. I'm pretty sure he did. I think he was effective in all of them too. Ned Yost probably isn't familiar with the concept of "a day off".

I'm sure its been done... just saying its one of those situations where if the guy falters its understandable. Like a guy pitching on 3 days rest. Yes its been done a 1000 times but if he goes out and struggles its understandable.
Merlin401
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Montana168 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:54 pm

yes i can see what your saying it's understandable^^^. but that is for an average closer. mil. payed a lot of money for gagne and they expected him to be great and it is NOT understandable to struggle as often as he has, for the paycheck that he receives. i've personally never been a gagne fan since he's left LA. he'll never live up to the expectations and will never pitch like he did when he was with the dodgers for that record-breaking streak.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jamastaballa » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:22 pm

That's where you're wrong - Gagne is an average closer, and no amount of money changes his actual talent. Stop thinking irrationally, please. :-S
10-Team H2H Std. 5x5

R. Martin, G. Atkins, J. Rollins, A. Hill, D. Wright, A. Gordon,
E. Renteria, Crawford, M. Ramirez, P. Burrell, N. Markakis, C. Hart

Lincecum, J. Cueto, H. Street, G. Sherrill, M. Capps, AJ Burnett, Putz, B. Myers, Harden, Bedard,
jamastaballa
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Basketball

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates