chipper pulled something rounding first... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

chipper pulled something rounding first...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

chipper pulled something rounding first...

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:21 pm

he just left the game!!! :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o
10-Team 8x8 h2h

C VMart
1B MCab
2B Stewart
3B Zimmerman
SS Ramirez
OF Manny,BJUpton,Braun
Ut Rios
Ut Pierre
BN Quentin,Snider,Berkman,Bruce

SP Kershaw,Gallardo,Hanson,Liriano,Holland,JGarcia,Romero
RP KRod,Marmol,Feliz,Wagner,Dotel
DL BAnderson
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: chipper pulled something rounding first...

Postby livinginarizona » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:39 pm

Game Notes

ATLANTA'S CHIPPER JONES LEFT THE GAME AFTER 5 INNINGS WITH AN UNDISCLOSED INJURY.

ATLANTA THIRD BASEMAN CHIPPER JONES LEFT THE GAME AFTER FIVE INNINGS DUE TO A STRAINED RIGHT QUADRICEPS.

It was about time for him to get hurt.
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lbblue » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:39 pm

Figures. I own/owned the following players:

Jimmy Rollins - DL
Alfonso Soriano - DL
Chipper Jones - ? would a trip to the DL surprise anyone?
Howie Kendrick - DL
Shane Victorino - DL
Rafael Soriano (dropped him to add a healthy player) - DL

Tough, tough first month but somehow my team is still doing OK in the head to head categories. I'll suffer badly next week if Chipper misses time though.
lbblue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lbblue » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:03 pm

Looks like Chipper's injury isn't going to cause him to miss much time. At least that's what they say right now. I have a feeling that it might nag him all season though. I know I read a quote from Chipper saying that he's very determined to play 150 games this year. I can only hope.

ATLANTA -- Chipper Jones irritated his strained right quadriceps while running out a double and left the Atlanta Braves' 6-1 victory against Los Angeles on Sunday.

"I'm going to try to [play Monday]," Jones told reporters.

If Jones does play Monday against the Nationals, he will do so with a major league-leading .458 batting average. He also has six home runs and 18 RBIs this season.

Jones woke up Sunday morning with tightness in the muscle. He did extend his hitting streak to 12 games against the Dodgers with a third-inning single before adding a fifth-inning double off the right-field wall. He slid late into second base and was slow to return to his feet.

Jones remained in the game through the inning but was replaced by Martin Prado to start the sixth.

"I just didn't want to take any more chances [than] I had to," Jones told reporters. "It knotted up on me standing around."

Jones added: "The double certainly didn't help. I figured the best thing to do was just shut it down, get some treatment today and tomorrow, and maybe I'll feel better."

Jones tweaked his right quad on April 9 at Colorado and felt more soreness as the Braves' road trip continued in Washington.

Braves manager Bobby Cox said Jones is questionable for Monday night's game but said the injury is "nothing that's going to have him out any length at all."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
lbblue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates