Outfield not agreeing with Braun - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Outfield not agreeing with Braun

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Outfield not agreeing with Braun

Postby Ender » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:40 pm

Has absolutely nothing to do with the position switch. The entire Brewer offense has struggled largely because they played most of their games on the road in the rain with crappy umpires. Braun has looked pretty bad don't get me wrong, but I bet a week from now just about every Brewer hitter looks better because they finally get a home stand.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chipper » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:42 am

Ender wrote:Has absolutely nothing to do with the position switch.

I agree with 99% of what you write, but I don't think anybody really knows that for sure, including Braun himself.

I do agree he'll get it going, and I like the move of Hart back to the 5 spot. Not that Hall hasn't been great there as well, but I seem to remember the Brewers offense clicking best last year with Hart hitting 5th.
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Scooter1027 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:35 am

Braun has had a fairly poor approach at the plate lately...he just doesn't look locked in. However, I really doubt it has to do with the defensive switch. In fact, I would think the opposite, LF has to be a confidence booster for him. He's looked more than adequate out there and he no longer hurts this team defensively. In fact yesterday he teamed up with Hardy for a sharp relay from the gap into home to gun down Dunn. With Hall playing a pretty good third base, Kendall throwing out 40% of baserunners, Weeks currently sitting on 0 errors, and Cameron's return on the horizon, this has the makings of an at least decent defense, which would be a huge upgrade from last year. Bottom line, it was a switch that needed to be made.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby J35J » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:07 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
J35J wrote:Part of it too is people thought he would continue on and just fall in line with Pujols......that just wasn't going to happen,IMHO, so everyones expectations were too high to start with.

coming from a guy who projected a line of

0.292 32 110 102 15

i dont think you thought toooo lowly of him :-D

i still think he'll come around and be just fine. maybe not .330 and 45 hr like some expected but like j had, .290-.295 with 30 hr should be easily in reach still...its still early.

I believe I was probably the "lowest" on him of anyone here at the cafe...with that said I don't think I ever said I thought poorly of him...just that everyone else had VERY LOFTY expectations for him. .292/32/110 is a far cry from the .310/45/120 that people were expecting. The more telling thing I would say is that I don't own him on any of my 4 teams and wasn't going to draft him anywhere near where he was being taken.

And I agree....he'll more than likely come around...he's a very good hitter but I'd say my line is probably looking to be more accurate than 98% of the cafe, no?
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 361)

Postby Ender » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:20 am

That projection is right in line with mine. He was a good 2nd round pick but not a good 1st round pick. Those are 2nd round numbers and I'd still stand by them.

Tons of guys are struggling, hard to worry about it just yet.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Yoda » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:09 am

Maybe Braun is not agreeing with the OF? What then?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby apz » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:26 am

I just wish they'd agree to disagree and he would start hitting. B-)
apz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 32)

Postby chipper » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:32 pm

apz wrote:I just wish they'd agree to disagree and he would start hitting. B-)

Ha! Good one.

Yoda wrote:Maybe Braun is not agreeing with the OF? What then?

I guess that was kinda the point of my thread.

If it actually is the reason he's struggling (not saying it is), but if it somehow is..... then I say you've got to protect your stud. I'm 99.9% sure he'll turn it around and everything will be fine, I'm just saying it's something for them to think about should he continue to struggle.

It's not like Bill hall would then be out of the lineup. They would just play the positions they were in last year (except Hall in LF not CF).
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:00 pm

J35J wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
J35J wrote:Part of it too is people thought he would continue on and just fall in line with Pujols......that just wasn't going to happen,IMHO, so everyones expectations were too high to start with.

coming from a guy who projected a line of

0.292 32 110 102 15

i dont think you thought toooo lowly of him :-D

i still think he'll come around and be just fine. maybe not .330 and 45 hr like some expected but like j had, .290-.295 with 30 hr should be easily in reach still...its still early.

I believe I was probably the "lowest" on him of anyone here at the cafe...with that said I don't think I ever said I thought poorly of him...just that everyone else had VERY LOFTY expectations for him. .292/32/110 is a far cry from the .310/45/120 that people were expecting. The more telling thing I would say is that I don't own him on any of my 4 teams and wasn't going to draft him anywhere near where he was being taken.

And I agree....he'll more than likely come around...he's a very good hitter but I'd say my line is probably looking to be more accurate than 98% of the cafe, no?

agreed. i only have him in one league personally . i was just joshing ya ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby brock middlebrook » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:05 pm

brock middlebrook wrote:You'll all be gald to know that with the Yankees day off tomorrow, I am benching ARod and playing Braun at 3B for the first time all year.

This may be the elixir that breaks the slump.

So far, so good....
brock middlebrook
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers