ARod leaving game... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

ARod leaving game...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: ARod leaving game...

Postby JRAMI » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:32 pm

I plan on sitting him this week, I take no chances!
JRAMI
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Don G. » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:12 am

BrooklynBums wrote:
Don G. wrote:No offense but that's dumb. A-Rod is a godsend to the game in the fact that he's clean in a period of steroid abuse. I'm not a Yankee fan or A-Rod fan (see the avatar) but I am a baseball fan. I appreciate it's history and I really truly hope he breaks the all time home run record. The steroid scandal was a black eye and dark time for baseball....having him break the record would go far in helping us forget about it.

Jose Canseco has something to say about A-Rod being clean...he's been right so far, so I don't really know what to think. But until proven otherwise, A-Rod and Pujols are the top two clean HR guys.
And as for him getting injured, generally I differentiate my teams enough so that if any player goes down, it can hurt me. But, alas, I didn't have any first picks this year, so its 'meh' for me. (if Wright went down, who I have in 3/4 leagues, I would be concerned).

Canseco's supposed source that he introduced A-Rod to for steroids came out this week denying that he ever worked with steroids and that A-Rod was ever pro steroids. He also said that he would absolutely cooperate with federal investigators if needed. Maybe I'm naive but if hte guy wasn't guilty I don't see any logical reason why he would throw his name out there. He probably hates Canseco as much as every other living human being does.
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Svatos » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:21 am

Canseco is an idiot who wants to be in the centre of attention... that's it!
Svatos
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby brock middlebrook » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:39 am

BrooklynBums wrote:
Don G. wrote:No offense but that's dumb. A-Rod is a godsend to the game in the fact that he's clean in a period of steroid abuse. I'm not a Yankee fan or A-Rod fan (see the avatar) but I am a baseball fan. I appreciate it's history and I really truly hope he breaks the all time home run record. The steroid scandal was a black eye and dark time for baseball....having him break the record would go far in helping us forget about it.

Jose Canseco has something to say about A-Rod being clean...he's been right so far, so I don't really know what to think. But until proven otherwise, A-Rod and Pujols are the top two clean HR guys.
And as for him getting injured, generally I differentiate my teams enough so that if any player goes down, it can hurt me. But, alas, I didn't have any first picks this year, so its 'meh' for me. (if Wright went down, who I have in 3/4 leagues, I would be concerned).

Per Canseco - he believes that ARod slept with Canseco's wife. He hates ARod, and now he says that he "introduced" ARod to a steroid guy.

It sounds like he's trying to stretch nothing into something because he hates ARod.
brock middlebrook
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Bunter » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:22 am

Ok guys... who cares about Canseco!

Can we go back to the topic here...

Anyone knows if ARod is playing tonight?
The Bunter
College Coach
College Coach

Postby talan37 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:31 am

From what I heard on local radio(wfan), he will be a game-time decision depending on how he feels during pre-game. They also seemed to indicate that if he did sit out today, he would likely miss a couple of games similar to the Jeter situation.
Check out my blog at http://www.rotopulse.com for fantasy baseball analysis, injury reports, commissioner info and more. For laughs check out http://www.sportshysterics.com
talan37
College Coach
College Coach

Trivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mtxdevil » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:15 pm

Per rotoworld and the New York Daily News.

The New York Daily News reports that Alex Rodriguez (quadriceps) is unlikely to play against the White Sox on Tuesday night.
Rodriguez seems likely to miss at least a few games with the injury, which is similar to the one that caused Derek Jeter to miss six games earlier this season. "The description to me has been no different than Jeter's was. Alex is a quick healer, though, so we'll have to wait and see. We'll evaluate on a day-to-day basis and see where he's at," GM Brian Cashman said. He wouldn't rule out a trip to the disabled list. Apr. 22 - 10:21 am et
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby brock middlebrook » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:55 pm

ESPNews is reporting that ARod is out due to the birth of his daughter
brock middlebrook
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby brock middlebrook » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:56 pm

per MLB.com
CHICAGO -- Alex Rodriguez and his wife, Cynthia, celebrated the birth of a 7-pound, 2-ounce daughter in Miami late Monday night.
"We are thrilled with the birth of our second daughter and the blessing of having two beautiful, healthy daughters in our lives," Rodriguez said.

A-Rod will not be in the Yankees lineup tonight or Wednesday as he spends time with his now expanded family. He is expected to rejoin the team Thursday in Chicago.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080422&content_id=2568691&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb
brock middlebrook
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates