ARod leaving game... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

ARod leaving game...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ARod leaving game...

Postby The Bunter » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:08 pm

Seems like he pulled a muscle by running to 1st base on a double play ball.
The Bunter
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ARod leaving game...

Postby jcook3127 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:14 pm

WOW I DID NOT NEED THIS!!!

Ortiz is hitting like a little leaguer against Walter Johnson in his prime....and now my best player is injured...is this DL-worthy...day to day? I can't afford to lose Arod..obviously
Why don't they just get a house that's already painted?
jcook3127
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Matthias » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:22 pm

jcook3127 wrote:WOW I DID NOT NEED THIS!!!

Ortiz is hitting like a little leaguer against Walter Johnson in his prime....and now my best player is injured...is this DL-worthy...day to day? I can't afford to lose Arod..obviously

C'mon. Based on your avatar, you really can't be too displeased about it.

Not that I wish injury on Yankees players, but I'm not going to get all torn up about it.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jcook3127 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:27 pm

Matthias wrote:

Not that I wish injury on Yankees players, but I'm not going to get all torn up about it.

lol...fantasy baseball makes a San Diego/Pittsburgh game relevant...it has strange powers over me
Why don't they just get a house that's already painted?
jcook3127
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Nemyar » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:40 pm

Strained quad, per the O's announcers
Nemyar
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Crystalstorm » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:05 pm

Matthias wrote:

I don't wish any Yankee players to get hurt or any player,but if it could be 1 player in baseball to get hurt it would be A-Rod.I'm a Huge Sox fan and I just hate the guy.
And Yes,I do like seeing players like A-Rod getting hurt !!! It's only a hamstring and nothing major for that sissy,so I can smile. :-) If it were a major injury,No I wouldn't be happy.Then it wouldn't be fair when the Sox win the Championship again. ;-D
Crystalstorm
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Don G. » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:49 pm

Crystalstorm wrote:
Matthias wrote:

I don't wish any Yankee players to get hurt or any player,but if it could be 1 player in baseball to get hurt it would be A-Rod.I'm a Huge Sox fan and I just hate the guy.
And Yes,I do like seeing players like A-Rod getting hurt !!! It's only a hamstring and nothing major for that sissy,so I can smile. :-) If it were a major injury,No I wouldn't be happy.Then it wouldn't be fair when the Sox win the Championship again. ;-D

No offense but that's dumb. A-Rod is a godsend to the game in the fact that he's clean in a period of steroid abuse. I'm not a Yankee fan or A-Rod fan (see the avatar) but I am a baseball fan. I appreciate it's history and I really truly hope he breaks the all time home run record. The steroid scandal was a black eye and dark time for baseball....having him break the record would go far in helping us forget about it.

You're entitled to your opinion but if you care at all about baseball...you'll be happy when he breaks the record...as much as you don't want to root for him while he's working towards it.

As far as the injury goes....he's a quick healer and usually isn't hurt....I could see him coming back on Tuesday after tomorrow's off day.
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BrooklynBums » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:50 pm

Don G. wrote:No offense but that's dumb. A-Rod is a godsend to the game in the fact that he's clean in a period of steroid abuse. I'm not a Yankee fan or A-Rod fan (see the avatar) but I am a baseball fan. I appreciate it's history and I really truly hope he breaks the all time home run record. The steroid scandal was a black eye and dark time for baseball....having him break the record would go far in helping us forget about it.

Jose Canseco has something to say about A-Rod being clean...he's been right so far, so I don't really know what to think. But until proven otherwise, A-Rod and Pujols are the top two clean HR guys.
And as for him getting injured, generally I differentiate my teams enough so that if any player goes down, it can hurt me. But, alas, I didn't have any first picks this year, so its 'meh' for me. (if Wright went down, who I have in 3/4 leagues, I would be concerned).
BrooklynBums
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cabby » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:19 pm

So, should I start him this week? I really don't have many options at 3B. They have Monday off and he was due to miss a day or two for the birth of his child.
Cabby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ILLmjdINI » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:47 pm

A-Rod does carry the steroid stigma, if for no other reason that Canseco has implicated him. Even if he is clean, though, he's still a jerk.
ILLmjdINI
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates