What's wrong with Gorzelanny? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What's wrong with Gorzelanny?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What's wrong with Gorzelanny?

Postby Ender » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:41 pm

Lefties with mediocre stuff on bad teams are risky. Pretty much sums it up. He wasn't a great draft pick and I don't think he is even roster worthy in anything but extremely deep leagues. He is Chris Capuano on a bad team basically.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:42 am

seems like maybe some sort of injury. he was having arm trouble in spring training.
this from rotoworld STRIKE ZONE..
The poor command exhibited by Tom Gorzelanny to date suggests that he might not be completely healthy. He's had elbow problems before, and he dealt with some shoulder tightness during spring training. There's a lot to like about Gorzelanny when he's on, but I've always been worried about his arm. It's possible he'll be making a trip to see Dr. James Andrews within the next month.

anytime a pitcher has to see Andrews, thats bad news
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 83)

Postby kab21 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:36 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:seems like maybe some sort of injury. he was having arm trouble in spring training.
this from rotoworld STRIKE ZONE..
The poor command exhibited by Tom Gorzelanny to date suggests that he might not be completely healthy. He's had elbow problems before, and he dealt with some shoulder tightness during spring training. There's a lot to like about Gorzelanny when he's on, but I've always been worried about his arm. It's possible he'll be making a trip to see Dr. James Andrews within the next month.

anytime a pitcher has to see Andrews, thats bad news

Isn't that Rotoworld speculation? Maybe there is some underlying physical problem, but it's kind of jumping to conclusions based on 4 starts. Here's some comments from Gorzelanny's last start. At least publicly they are saying that there aren't any physical problems.

"There's definitely things I need to work on and things I need to get over," Gorzelanny said. "I'm going to work really hard between this start and the next start and just try to get the ball down, make good pitches and get outs."

The Cubs noticed some of the same things.

"Last year, he was spotting the ball," said Lee. "This year, he's kind of [fallen] behind a little bit and had to come over the plate. I'm sure he'll make the adjustment."

Both Gorzelanny and Russell said afterward that Gorzelanny's early-season struggles have nothing to do with any physical problems.

"He's fine," Russell said.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers