Future looks bright - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Future looks bright

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Future looks bright

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:23 am

I was just looking through the Jays' minor league rosters and look at this:

c: G. Quiros, K. Cash (Quiros the c of the future)
ss: Russ Adams
OF: Rios (a top 3 prospect in all of bb), Jayson Werth, Gabe Gross, John-ford Griffin
P: Dustin McGowan (a top 5 pitching prospect), Jason Arnold, Brandon League, Vince Perkins, David Bush

Those are all good prospects, at least 5 of them are sure fire major leaguers.

Add to this the young ones already in the majors: Hinske, V. Wells, Halladay, Phelps, Hudson.

Not bad.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:22 pm

At what point do you expect Rios to reach the majors this year? I don't understand why they don't have him up already, frankly. Maybe you BJ fans can explain it to me?
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:37 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:At what point do you expect Rios to reach the majors this year? I don't understand why they don't have him up already, frankly. Maybe you BJ fans can explain it to me?

I'm hoping to see him up this year. I'd much rather watch him than Cat or R. Johnson. I'm hoping to see him very soon. Especially if the offence keeps stalling.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:47 pm

Barring injury I expect him to be a September call up.

Reed Johnson and Cat are good at what they do and have the manager's confidence. Simon Pond frankly outplayed him in spring training and I think that he was out of options.

Cat is a .300 hitter who is versatile and plays good D.
Johnson has paid his dues and hit .300 in his first go around against major league pitchers.

Rios is only 23 and needs to get some ABs in against AAA pitching. The only way that he gets called up before Sept is if there is an injury or he is tearing it up in AAA. He is not in the line up right now because the Jays feel that they have a chance and don't want to have the kid learning up here.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Return to Toronto Blue Jays