Ian Kinsler... Wheres the Power?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ian Kinsler... Wheres the Power??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ian Kinsler... Wheres the Power??

Postby freeling_prideful » Wed May 28, 2008 11:17 am

Kinsler's a funny guy. I don't know if you looked at his splits this year, but for some reason 6 of his 7 homers have come on the road...Last year, of course, he had a mild split in favor of home (12 home/8 away) but nothing like what we've seen this year.

Also, he's hitting 60 points higher on the road then he did last year, which is a big reason why he actually has a decent average. All of this bodes well for Kinsler to continue being a strong fantasy 2b'er...I'm predicting 290-22 HR-81 RBI-110 R-30 SB at the moment, and he might wind up the No. 2 2B behind Utley.
freeling_prideful
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DSheppard » Wed May 28, 2008 11:35 am

the thing about arlington is that while its a good all around hitters park so he benefits, its not a great right handed homerun park. its historically been average to slightly below for RH homeruns. Its lefties where its a huge HR park.

and all of his power is pull power, so he should really hit about the same # of Hrs home/road. Not the 1 at home weve so far obviously though.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed May 28, 2008 12:33 pm

freeling_prideful wrote:I'm predicting 290-22 HR-81 RBI-110 R-30 SB at the moment, and he might wind up the No. 2 2B behind Utley.

i gotta think hes going to steal more than 30. he has half of that already and is stealing at a very successful rate.

.285 21 hr 80 rbi 115 runs 38 sb for me.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Relentless » Thu May 29, 2008 4:16 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
freeling_prideful wrote:I'm predicting 290-22 HR-81 RBI-110 R-30 SB at the moment, and he might wind up the No. 2 2B behind Utley.

i gotta think hes going to steal more than 30. he has half of that already and is stealing at a very successful rate.

I think 40+ SB is a possibility. He is such a smart base runner. He reads pitchers very well and this for the reason he hasn't been caught out there so far. Plus, he must love hitting in front of Young, Hamilton, and Bradley. It gives him a little bit more confidence.
Relentless
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Field » Thu May 29, 2008 4:42 pm

Relentless wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

I think 40+ SB is a possibility. He is such a smart base runner. He reads pitchers very well and this for the reason he hasn't been caught out there so far. Plus, he must love hitting in front of Young, Hamilton, and Bradley. It gives him a little bit more confidence.

All it takes is a few consecutive CS to throw everything off though. I just don't think he has the speed to hit 40+ SB level, but then again Eric Byrnes did steal 50 last year.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby freeling_prideful » Thu May 29, 2008 10:58 pm

I was trying to be conservative on the steals projection. He could easy steal around 40 this year, it depends on how successful he continues to be. He doesn't have elite speed but he may have the best read on pitchers' moves in the majors, b/c his success rate is like best ever for someone in the first 60 attempts of their career.
freeling_prideful
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DSheppard » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:23 pm

current pace: 27 HR, 51 doubles, 6 triples. (and 41 sb, 140 runs, 100 RBI)
theres the power.

reached 20 stolen bases a moment ago.

guy is having a monster season from the leadoff spot. 5 categories.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:31 pm

Field wrote:
All it takes is a few consecutive CS to throw everything off though. I just don't think he has the speed to hit 40+ SB level, but then again Eric Byrnes did steal 50 last year.

glad to see he's got his power. i projected .285 just a few weeks ago, but im willing to project .300 now with 25 hr 40 hr.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:53 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
Field wrote:

glad to see he's got his power. i projected .285 just a few weeks ago, but im willing to project .300 now with 25 hr 40 hr.

You mean 40 SB? :-?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 359)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:35 am

lol yes.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers